Monday 26 August 2024

Restoran Chuan Klang Bak Kut Teh, Subang Jaya

Last Saturday, instead of Kar Hiong, my brother took mum and I to Restoran Chuan Klang Bak Kut Teh.

I may have mentioned before that we are (still) on the lookout for good BKT restaurants because we enjoy BKT a lot. Our last visit to a BKT restaurant was a major disappointment.


This is very much a no frills establishment as you can see. That was where we entered and we were greeted by what you see above. It looked more like a back entrance. 


This is the view at the opposite end. So that must be the proper shop front.


The menu is simple and yet we were a bit blur because this is our first time there and we had some language issues. We were looking to getting pork trotters, belly and spare parts.

Besides BKT, they also serve other dishes like Black Vinegar Pork Trotters, Braised Pork Trotters and chicken/fish dishes. 


We ordered one portion of Braised Pork Trotters. This is a one person serving. Tastewise I guess it was all right, not really outstanding. The trotters could do with longer braising as they were not tender enough resulting in the tendons/meat still stuck to the bone.


This is our claypot of BKT comprising pork belly, pork ribs and spare parts. We also added enoki mushrooms though I would have preferred without. There were also beancurd sheets which I love.


In terms of meat, the meat on the ribs were dry (like it was from a day or two ago) while the pork belly was all right. In terms of spare parts, there was not much. The broth was of medium consistency, not too strong and much better than the one we had here.


We also got a serving of youtiau.


And a plate of veggies.


Chili and garlic condiment with soy sauce is a must heh...heh....


I also noted another menu at the restaurant.


And on the wall was this.


These must be their signature dishes.


Yes, I had a plate of rice that day. I think we can revisit if we are in the mood for BKT. It may not be the best BKT we have eaten (the one in Sungai Way is still the best to us) but it will do. The search is still on.

14 comments:

  1. Looks like the bkt broth is not strong enough for you. Similar to you, I prefer trotters to be soft and falling off bones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was not too strong and I would have liked it a notch stronger.

      Delete
  2. bkt, nice to have on a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, with lots of rice hah..hah..hah...

      Delete
  3. I actually don't like Klang-style BKT coz the broth is usually too thick, strong and herbally for me. I also don't know how to enjoy dark soy with chillies and garlic....and I always like more mushrooms in my BKT (and fried you tiao is a must!). ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five! Same as Kris (Ewew), I prefer white peppery bkt broth then strong and herbal ones, but on the contrary I like dark soy with chillies and garlics. Woo love the garlics taste.

      Delete
    2. Kris : You've mentioned that before, Klang BKT is too thick and strong but this one does not seem so. Maybe not authentic hah..hah... This particular dark soy sauce was not to my liking. I should have tasted it first >.<

      Delete
    3. Lotus : I have yet to try white BKT. I also want to try dry BKT one of these days.

      Delete
  4. I love beancurd sheets in my bkt. And I don't mind mushrooms too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My second uncle loves to eat pork trotters from bkt stall and he is robust and in his 70s already. I enjoyed going out for meals with my second uncle's family. So does not mean meat eater sure will die of cancer, touch wood, it depends on individual's body conditions. Sometimes nutrition is better than any TCM or western medication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BKT herbs and meat must be doing something good for your uncle. Meat is very nutritious and I love meat hee..hee..

      Delete
  6. i don't like Klang style BKT, I prefer milder one. Don't know per pax price for BKT has gone up to RM19.50, that's exaggerated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not yet experienced the real Klang BKT. So far the broths I tried are quite pleasant.

      Delete