Saturday 24 August 2024

Rain Rain Go Away

Yesterday I stayed back late at work to rush a job. When I reached Damansara Utama in the morning, I heard the Damansara Kim Mee Jawa calling me.

Wahahahaha!!! So before I went into the office, I walked to Restoran Wan Shoon. I got there just before 9:00am and the place was absolutely bustling.


I made my way to the Mee Jawa stall and placed my order. I was lucky to find a seat near the stall. I also got me my favorite Kopi C ais kosong.


I was so looking forward to the Mee Jawa.


And nyummm!!! It was absolutely wonderful! But the same cannot be said for the coffee. Not only had the price gone up (RM3.80 from RM3.50), it was diluted and not the same as before. Bah!


As I was eating, more and more people arrived and by the time I left, all the tables were taken.

I went to the office to get my work done. By around 5:00pm it appeared that I had to stay back so it was a good idea to settle my dinner (luckily I did because I left the office after 10:00pm).

I decided to go to Yin's Sourdough Bakery & Cafe because I needed a good cup of coffee and something good to eat (that must be worth the carbs like the Mee Jawa heh..heh...).


On my way there I saw that Seoul Classic was having an All-You-Can-Eat for lunch and dinner. Wah!


I must check this out one of these days.


Ah! The coffee at Yin's Sourdough Bakery & Cafe is very much to my liking.

I had been wanting to try the Beef Burrito and it did not disappoint.


It was very good except that the burrito dripped juices (from the veggies) when I took a bite. So it was a bit of a soggy affair.

And then it started to rain very heavily. And then I was tempted.


Arrrgghhhhh!!!!! The Nama Chocolate Cake. Yes, worth the glucose. It was chocolaty, moist, not too sweet and a little bit bitter. Nice, nice!


I did not have my umbrella with me because I somehow left it in my other bag. 


Since I had to wait for the rain to stop, I merayau-rayau in the vicinity. 


I went to CU Mart. Look at all those processed foods and sugary drinks.


More processed foods in the form of these very popular Korean instant noodles. 


I also found these ready-to-eat corn.


After that I went next door to look at these clothes. After hanging around for a bit, the rain receded and I was able to go back to the office to work.

Haiz! I don't like staying back at work but at least I had two nice meals (but broke the rule of more that one carb meal per day).

10 comments:

  1. I am a coffee lover too. I need the caffeine to keep myself alert but strictly two cups of coffee in the morning only. I welcome the rain at times because it has been so warm, really cannot tahan the heat that I have to turn on the Aircon. This morning it is raining at SG side too. I was at Mac to enjoy an ice cream cone in such cooling weather. Isn't it the same as having ice cream during winter in Japan lol. You didn't try the vegetables fritters when you ate the mee jawa? What a satisfying day for you to have two fulfilling meals and work done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also take at most two cups of coffee per day but sometimes (usually weekends) it may be more LOL! I welcome the rain too but only if I am indoors hah..hah... It rained heavily this morning and one young lady was jogging past my house. Poor girl was caught in the rain. I didn't see the veggie fritters (maybe too early) so did not order. There will be a next time **wink**wink**

      Delete
  2. Wah, you worked till 10 pm. I guess your partner picked u up at 10 pm to go home after that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, my poor kitties were starving by then LOL! I fed them as soon as I got home.

      Delete
  3. No add on vegetable fritter? Hehe! :D For some reason, I've never liked burritos coz they (like you said) always end up on the soggy side because of the filling & sauces making the wrap very doughy in taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, because I did not see any fitters at the stall, maybe still too early and the lady had not prepared. But I was happy with my order. There will be a next time (I am sure hee..hee..)

      Delete
  4. Aiyo, why are you tempting me with that chocolate cake, when I started to cut down on sugar lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ recently and this type of meal suite perfectly to your diet because you can eat meat to your heart's content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I intend to go to Seoul Classic to check out the BBQ buffet. I wonder how much they charge.

      Delete