Monday 5 August 2024

Naughty #16 : Curry Laksa

I ventured out again (this was not a recent visit) to Restoran Wan Shoon, Damansara Kim to eat Curry Laksa.

I am not a curry laksa fan by any means but I do enjoy it from time to time. My favorite has always been Annie 1's Curry Mee Supreme although during my last visit there, I did not find it as wonderful as it used to be.

I simply wanted to try other curry mee for comparison. So there I was around 1:30pm when I found the kopitiam not very busy.


I went to place my order and I could pretty much sit anywhere I liked. 


The curry laksa uncle asked if I wanted siham, so I said yes. For noodles, I chose just yellow noodles (most people like to mix yellow noodles and meehoon) as I am not keen on meehoon.


I didn't have to wait long for the curry laksa (RM9.00) and it came with a serving of sambal. My drink was the usual Kopi O Ais Kosong (RM3.50).


In the curry laksa were taupok, poached chicken, cockles and beansprouts. The cockles were not particularly fresh as they had a fishy smell.


The curry broth was diluted. Maybe at that hour the vendor added more water to stretch the broth? I read in another blog that the curry broth was thick and creamy and delicious. That was not my experience.


The sambal was not outstanding and did not help to improve the taste of the curry laksa. No matter. (Perhaps) it was not a good time to eat the curry laksa. But I don't think I would have another go at it.


***Kittie Updates***

Someone saw it fit to outfit Ah Boi (who is actually a girl) with a collar.


A pink one.


I bet it is the same people who did this. Tsk!


But I must say, Ah Boi does look very fetching does she not?

Ah Boi, don't forget, we are going to the vet this week.

19 comments:

  1. EwEw also featured wan shoon in her latest post and she had the same view that the curry gravy was diluted and light. Smooth procedure to ah boil next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what a coincidence! Thanks for you good wishes for Ah Boi.

      Delete
  2. Wah, ah boi is so friendly ah, simply let strangers put a collar on her. All the best to ah boi! Smooth smooth and successful procedure 🙏🙏🙏 just look at her face in the photo with her 👅 sticking out and a annoyed 😠 look just before the comments. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Ah Boi will be kept in the cage tomorrow night so that she cannot escape! LOL!

      Delete
    2. Ah 🙏🙏🙏 for smooth and safe successful procedure 🙏🙏🙏😻

      Delete
    3. Ah 🙏🙏🙏 for smooth and safe successful procedure 🙏🙏🙏😻

      Delete
  3. Ah, curry laksa. Hhhmmm, siham with an off taste is a no no no 😞 so no more next time for u I guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, no more! But I will still visit for the mee jawa.

      Delete
  4. You can try the mee jawa at wan shoon as per ewew's recommendation since she tried and said it is the star and best seller at wan shoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wrote a comment in PH's post dated Friday 24 May 2024 where she ate mee jawa at wan shoon. Guess you have forgotten about it. No matters, we are all getting forgetful as we age.

      Delete
    2. Hi there, thanks for the gentle reminder. Time really flies that I forgot my age lol. Hee hee.

      Delete
  5. the curry does look diluted, but I don't mind...hehehe...sometimes i prefer diluted curry coz the thick one have strong santan taste (like bubur cha cha). Ah boy now has 'fans' (from unknown neighbours) who bestowed her with a collar...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Boi must have charmed her way into their hearts. LOL!

      Delete
  6. How is it that the place is so empty at lunch time? The two times I was here (on a Sunday), they were full and we had to wait for a table. The curry mee my husband had (it was morning) was still thin, so I don't think it's a case of added water. >.< Will you try the prawn mee (to see if it suits you)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was on a weekday after peak lunch hour, so it was quiet. I might not try the prawn mee because I prefer Mee Jawa hee..hee..

      Delete
  7. I like my curry mee with yellow noodles also. :) Saw the curry of yours and Kris, they seemed different with what I had, which was thick and creamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be very lucky to get the thick creamy gravy, which is the way it should be.

      Delete
  8. Wow Ah Boi looks stunning & feminine with pink collar. Ah Boi has beautiful shinning coat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink suits Ah Boi and she has become beautiful!

      Delete