Wednesday 7 August 2024

Blood Test

Not too long ago, I had air fried chicken chops for dinner. Eaten on the sofa, while vegetating on the sofa hah..hah...


Last Sunday, I had chicken wings and steak.


I might have mentioned in earlier posts that I like to support local homegrown products.


I bought this Salt Sense Salt & Black Peppercorn grinder which is perfect for seasoning steaks.


There is a whole range of Salt Sense products that I can get at Jaya Grocer and also at Aeon.




So far I have purchased the Garlic Salt (very nice) and Smoked Salt (sadly not that smoky hah..hah...). 


Recently I made kimchi.


These days my intake of vegetables is in the form of fermented vegetables. 

This was last night's soup - lamb bone broth with minced beef and bacon with two hard boiled eggs added.


Today I noted that Near To has vacated the premises. Well, all those snacky stuffs are actually bad for you. I have stopped eating potato chips and snacks and I do not miss them. To me, when I see junk food at the supermarket, those are poisons.

Oh yes, I did say that I would be doing another blood test in this post. My previous blood test was done in December 2023 and I was very unhappy with my inflammatory marker [C-Reactive Protein (CRP)]. My reading then was a whopping 3.3 (reference range is below 1.0).

Back in 2023, I fell off the wagon and ate too much carbs. Consequently, the increase in inflammation was to be expected. Well, I am happy to note that I have brought my CRP reading down to below 0.5. Whoohoo! 

Here is an extract of my results (and comparative with previous results). 
My cholesterol is of course high but I am not in the least bit worried because I have kept up with the latest research where cholesterol is now not a nutrient of concern. My doctor may not agree and will want to prescribe statins. Nope, no thank you! 

My other readings are within the reference range. So I will keep up with a healthy lifestyle and will do another test in one year's time.

***Kittie Updates***


TuTu and Poodie were sharing the cat bed.


Poodie looks small in the photo when these two kitties are actually about the same size.


Ah Boi is again being doted upon by her mama.


Ah Boi has no idea that she will be spending time in the carrier tomorrow. I can't wait for her procedure to be over.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats 👏🎉 good for getting the marker to a good reading. 👍😊 I see all your meat dishes are so delicious. I Want to eat your diy kimchi too. Yummy 😋🤤

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to Ah Boi!!!! Smooth and successful and fast recovery like tutu and Poodie 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats 👏🎉 on your 👍 good results. I see your meat dishes are so delicious 😋🤤 and I want to eat your diy kimchi too. So yummy 😋🤤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger has this problem of making genuine comments disappear into spam >.<

      Delete
  4. I am not sure why two of my comments disappeared. Well done on your good results. 👍😊
    Keep it up 💪
    Your diy kimchi looks delicious 😋🤤 the meat looks yummy 😋🤤 too.
    So weird that my 2 comments earlier went missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I checked yesterday, I did not see your first two comments but this morning the comments appeared. I believe it went into spam folder and then was somehow diverted back to comments. I have also had my comments disappear on your blog.

      Delete
    2. Ya, sometimes I see your comments in the spam box I will press the publish buttons. Dunno how blogger works to send comments into the spam box. Weird.

      Delete
    3. I mean how this blogger blogspot system works.

      Delete
  5. Good that your most current readings and reference range are within the safe levels. Not every individual and body is the same so just sharing some TCM tips to manage cholesterol. 1) Maintain a healthy weight. It is an old saying, "to keep your body safe, learn to eat until you are 70% full. Keep 30% hungry and 30% body cooling. 2) Add cholesterol lowering food to your daily diet such as *oatmeal that can reduce LDL (bad cholesterol), * apple or citrus fruits like orange, grapes and berries. Citrus fruits contain pectin that keep your circulatory system clear of LDL, *fatty fish-salmon contains loads of omega 3 fatty acids 3) Weed out trans fat, saturated fats and avoid refined sugars and grains such as fried food like french fries, potato chips, popcorn, biscuits, cookies, cakes. 4) Exercise regularly to improve the qi and circulation of the body (depending on each individual's body condition, the amount of exercise varies).

    I read somewhere in your posts that you had cut down on snacks which is a thumbs up for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to share the TCM tips!

      Delete
  6. Oh, your blood sugar readings are very good...which is expected since you cut out carbs (and sugar) from your diet. Also expected is your high total cholesterol levels since you choose to be on an all-meat diet. The rest of us would be weary of the high cholesterol readings but of course you will not be. Hopefully you stay healthy enough not to land in the hospital at any time in your old age, otherwise they will prescribe cholesterol lowering drugs (as they know how) and you won't have much of a choice. As for the CRP reading, I've asked my doc that before and he says the check is only if you have (or suspect you have) an inflammation or infection in your body, otherwise the reading doesn't mean much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to disagree with your doctor (for saying the reading doesn't mean much). What he pointed out is acute inflammation, ie the inflammation that occurs during infection/injury and he is right about that. And then there is chronic inflammation that can happen without any symptoms and can manifest over a prolonged period and cause damage to tissues/organs and by the time discovered could be too late. Adding the CRP reading could be beneficial as an indicator, if the reading is below one, then well and good. If it is elevated, then one can take action to find out what is the cause and to lower the inflammation.

      Delete
  7. I have yet do my medical check up this year..... =.="

    ReplyDelete