Wednesday 14 August 2024

Beef Aversion

Last Saturday, after I had air fried beef trimmings for dinner, I was like ugh! I need to eat something else. 

I was having a case of palate fatigue. After the meal, I needed something to pep up my tastebuds.


Something tart.


Koukakis Greek Kefir.


I enjoy kefir from time to time and this one is thick and creamy.


Nyum! It was good.


I made yogurt in the morning.


When I came home, the yogurt was set.


Not bad!


It was just slightly tart and I transferred the yogurt to a glass container and stored it in the fridge. I am trying to up my calcium intake and at the same time, maintain a good gut microbiome.


My last beef meal. 


Until my craving for beef comes back again. This week I eat oink oinks 🐽🐷

8 comments:

  1. Ya I can understand your palate fatigue.
    May I know how u make yogurt?
    I also want to increase calcium and good guts microbe and your yogurt maker machine looks so cute.
    Wanna copy unit u don't mind.
    Thanks in advance 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want to make yogurt? Perhaps I can share in a post and you can also look up Youtube. The yogurt maker I bought many years ago from Newlife and it was sleeping in my cupboard LOL! Now I am putting it to use. You can also make yogurt without using a yogurt maker.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Yes I think it would be superb if you could share the method in a post. Thanks again 😊

      Delete
  2. If there was one thing I didn't think you would develop....is an aversion to beef! You love beef over all other meats! ;) But now that I'm on a restrictive diet (and eating almost similar things daily), I can relate. It can be so boring some days that I find it hard to even swallow the food...haiz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, now the thought of beef is like ackkksss!!!! But if someone served me a slab of Waygu beef, I might change my mind. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Hey PH, may I know where to you get the keffir? I never try it and I would like to try see if I like it. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Greek Kefir you can get from Aeon. There is also another brand which is local - Bright Cow. They have plain, berries and banana flavor.

      Delete