Thursday 15 August 2024

The Laughing Cow

How does a cow laugh? I thought it was a rather strange brand name.

Before I get to the cow, as you know, I have developed an aversion towards beef. So I had to eat some other meat.


Pork belly. One of my favorites. These days I use my corningware instead of the air fryer basket for easier clean up.


As usual, I ate the meat with some bacteria kimchi and sauerkraut.


I am running out of homemade kimchi and will have to find an opportunity to make a fresh batch.


My chicken broth is excellent. Two chickens slow cooked in one liter of water, imagine the richness.


Now back to the laughing cow business. I was at Jaya Grocer when I overheard a lady telling another lady that "this cheese (The Laughing Cow) is VERY nice". I have seen this cheese before but I am not really a cheese person, so I never paid attention.

But lately, I am trying to boost my calcium intake for bone density and strength. Bone integrity is very important to prevent factures, especially for post-menopausal women. So I wanted to add cheese to my diet.


This packaging comes with 8 wedges of cheese.


I unwrapped a wedge.


I realized that it was white and soft, like cream cheese. I took a tentative sniff and the smell was very mild. And then I bravely took a bite.

Oh! It was nice. VERY nice. Soft, salty and mild in flavor. Not strong flavored as I had feared. Yes, I can totally eat (and enjoy) one a day.

6 comments:

  1. Good to see you enjoying this cheese 🧀 👍😊 my spouse would love that piece of pork belly. Yums! 😋🤤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday, I forgot to eat the cheese. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you were very brave to buy a tub. Soft, gooey cheese like that I wouldn't dare take a bite...even if it's mild. Moreover, I don't like stuff that's too gooey or creamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was initially quite scared but luckily I found the taste pleasing. Usually soft cheeses are very stinky!

      Delete
  3. I wish I can show you a meme for Laughing cow cheese, where one of the Taiwanese female singer looks 90% like the LC logo. LOL

    ReplyDelete