Saturday 3 August 2024

Mojo

Today we were at Kar Hiong as usual and we were the first customers to arrive.


Our must-have condiments of chili garlic was served in this cute four compartment container.

We tried a new dish, the Portuguese Style Pork Ribs (L).


I have no idea what is so Portuguese about this dish. It was deep fried pork ribs coated in a creamy sweet sauce. It was a bit weird. I am guessing the sauce is made from mayonnaise and evaporated milk. Not ordering this again.


This humble dish of simple stir fried Sweet Potato Leaves with Garlic (L) is always good.


The Honey Pepper Abalone Mushrooms (M) looked pretty and no, I did not eat this.


The Choy Poh Steamed Fish (Carp) came loaded with toppings.


It was my favorite dish for the day. My first few visits to Kar Hiong, I admit that fish served this way was not my favorite but it has since grown on me. Sometimes I crave for it hah...hah....

Total cost RM153.05 for the very satisfying meal.

***Kittie Updates***

The red collar seems to have conferred TuTu with super powers.


She has never exhibited this behavior and as far as I know she is not a climber, unlike Poodie and Ah Boi. She is the mildest mannered among her siblings, not given to pulling such stunts. 


This morning she leaped onto the grill and climbed right to the top. Whoah! So geng!


Aiyo TuTu! You know how to come down or not?


Here she is trying to descend.


She struggled a little bit. It's easier going up, more tricky coming down.
She made it down all right, not without a lot of whining and whimpering. Well done, Tu!


17 comments:

  1. Tu, in short, that is how you call her fondly. Thank you for the photos. I guess Kar Hiong is you and your family's favourite haunt for meals. I love choy poh, they are very appetizing to eat with any dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kar Hiong is convenient since it is near the nursing home. Besides, the food is very good and prices reasonable.

      Delete
  2. fried pork rib in creamy sweet sauce? not for me either......Tutu getting so adventurous these days....must be the hot weather and she can't stay put on the hot ground....lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! She is very brave these days, climbing here and there.

      Delete
  3. My mom likes to cook choy poh omelette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to Tutu for getting down herself without any help from grandma. ๐Ÿ’ชThank you grandma for the photos of Tutu the Super ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿˆ ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... I reckon that she must learn to come down by herself.

      Delete
  5. Ah, you also just have super power to stop yourself from eating the mushrooms. If I eat choy poh, I will eat a lot of rice because they are very flavourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really super power hah..hah... just that I don't want to eat it and did not crave for it. Choy poh is indeed flavorful, just that and rice can eat already.

      Delete
  6. Ah, this is more like it....I can see the choy poh on the steamed fish this time. I don't what is it about kittens who love to climb. My late Cookie used to do that too when he was a kitten. He not only climbed the main door grill but also the window grill in the house. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewew, I agree with you, we don't see dogs climbing up trees etc lol. Why do kittens and cats love to climb?

      Delete
    2. contact.ewew : Your late Cookie also climbed your kitchen cabinets and that is why I am paranoid when the kittens barge into my house!

      Delete
    3. Lotus : I reckon it is in their nature to climb onto higher ground so that they can see their surroundings better. They also love to climb on cars and sit on the roof. LOL!

      Delete
    4. I think cats like to climb to get to higher ground in order to spot (aggressive) male cats (and be safe from them) whether it's a male cat looking for a fight with another male or a male cat trying to mate a female.

      Delete
  7. Wow, you could resist the honey pepper abalone mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, because I just didn't want to eat it. No willpower involved!

      Delete