Monday 12 August 2024

Lamb Soup For Lunch

From time to time, I still buy lamb bone and trimmings when they are available at Jaya Grocer.


Among the bones, there are connective tissue and cartilage which are rich in collagen.


This is precious.


I think it is better to consume collagen from a direct source like this than those obscenely expensive collagen supplements.


I can't afford those supplements, so bones are the way to go.


After roasting, I just dump the whole lot into a slow cooker with water and leave the whole lot to cook on low overnight.


The next day I strain the broth and pick out the meat. These are stored in the fridge.


In the morning, I heat up the meat and soup. 


This soup is seasoned with just salt and (loads of) pepper. I know it looks awful.


And then stored in this small thermos which I take with me to the office.


So this is lunch at the office.


The meat and fat that was separated from the bones is cooked in the air fryer.


It is so tasty even without any seasoning.


I don't eat these anymore. I used to be addicted and I can eat one canister in one sitting. Until the tips of my fingers throb (due to the high sodium content). This is an example of processed food that can cause chronic inflammation. Very toxic!


The Sour Cream & Onion was my favorite flavor. I am glad that I am no longer addicted. Amen! 

8 comments:

  1. Very 😋 tasty lamb soup and air fried lamb trimmings. I agree that it is better to eat the real collagen than those bottled stuffs. Ah, your soup is jelly already after being in the fridge. I like to eat collagen jelly soup cold. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine eating the coagulated lamb soup >.< LOL!

      Delete
  2. Hahaha now that you mentioned it, it has been quite some time that I didn't eat this snack. Maybe tomorrow I go buy and eat them as cheat days. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still addicted to toxic.... ~>_<~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job PH! I had been a zero snack person for many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good for you that you are long term zero snacks. Eating between main meals is not good.

      Delete