Thursday 29 August 2024

A Savory Bowl and A Walkabout

After my first visit to Yoyogi Hikiniku I was keen to return to try one of the savory bowls on the menu. Another thing I wanted to try was the avocado coffee.


This is the Avocado Coffee.


Avocado Coffee is a misnomer. This is actually an avocado milkshake with coffee syrup akin to Avocado Milkshake with Chocolate Sauce.

Yes, I enjoyed this avocado milkshake and I am very pleased that the milkshake was not too sweet at all. Highly recommended to anyone who loves avocado milkshake.


The Smoky Unagi with Avocado Don does not look as alluring as it does on the menu but looks don't matter. It was a very generous bowl of food - a generous portion of unagi, half an avocado, an onsen egg and quite a lot of rice under all that. The soup was pretty good.

All that plus an avocado milkshake does make for a very heavy meal. So after my belly splitting meal (hah..hah..hah..) I had to go for a walkabout. Oh, by the way, this was an early dinner.


Oh, Souffle Dessert Cafe. I have seen this place before but have never explored. This was a Saturday evening and the place was packed (around 5:30pm+).


It does look very tempting does it not?


Then I came upon this place, Yinee.


Aiks! Not a food menu (maybe for cannibals), this is a beauty center. These kind of places won't get any money from me.


It looks like Ajuuma has ventured into a more extensive menu.


And then I came upon this.


I don't know why I had this vision of me soaking like a kerbau in the sawah padi (buffalo in a paddy field) in a vat of Bak Kut Teh broth. I bet my late friend Twilight Man would have made a side splitting comment. I miss him.


Then I walked past this Mdm Beans. That mural on the glass reminded me that this spot was vacated by Kahuna Poke.


Oh! The Fishing Cafe. That sounds interesting. I had no idea of this place.


So I checked the menu.


These look good - chicken chop and beef striploin.


Lamb shoulder too. I must come to The Fishing Cafe soon.


Then I saw this queue.


The queue was outside Hot Bird. Is the food here so good to warrant such a long queue? I am not too keen on fried chicken.


Outside Qing He Gu they lined up all these plastic stools in anticipation of the dinner crowd.


This is the Vietnamese coffee kiosk that serves very interesting coffee like yogurt coffee, egg coffee and even orange coffee. I am not adventurous enough to try these unusual coffee.

Well, that was a nice evening and I did attempt a visit to The Fishing Cafe. That will be coming up in a future post.

12 comments:

  1. Ahhh. Thanks for explaining. I thought it was all coffee with avocado. Until today, I still cannot accept the taste of Unagi, only salmon for me. Can understand that with that cup of avocado milkshake with coffee syrup and rice with unagi, half a piece of avocado and onsen egg, it can be very filling for you. I miss late Mr TM too. Always silently wishing him Rest In Peace whenever I think of him. What an amusing description, saying that you will look a buffalo in bkt broth, herbal broth some more. Lol. Thanks for bringing us for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I see! I happen to love both salmon and unagi.

      Delete
  2. Good that your return visit to Yoyogi was not a disappointing one. I hope to get that avocado milkshake with coffee syrup in SG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried avocado milkshake with chocolate? I am sure you would enjoy that too.

      Delete
    2. Yup! Tried in Batam Island before and I fell in love with it.

      Delete
  3. Ah, thank you for the nice walkabout looking at shops and eateries in uptown. I have been eating lots of rice and noodles these few days. Hope to get back on track soon. I still hope to try the strong beef patty.

    Ah souffle pancakes. Haven't eaten any since pandemic started in 2020. Wow! 4 years ago, so long already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have allowing myself carbs too hee..hee.. As long as I don't overdo it, it should be ok LOL!

      Delete
  4. Ah, so it's avocado milkshake...not avocado coffee! ;) You find the beef patty at Yoyogi too beefy (and I know you can usually take very beefy taste) though the hamburg seems to have really good reviews. It's difficult for eateries to survive on the ground floor let alone if you're on the first floor. I'm amused at The Fishing Cafe's menu...chicken, beef & lamb...everything you can't get at the end of a fishing rod...lol! I heard Hot Bird is good especially if you like spicy fried chicken. My son doesn't like chicken on the bone, so can't visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the Fishing Cafe does have Fish & Chips LOL! Unfortunately for lunch, the menu is limited, only rice and pasta as I discovered :(

      Delete
  5. I went Yoyogi after reading your post. :P I like the soup too, slightly tangy, very appetizing. Their drink are too pricey which held me back although I really wanted to try the avocado drink (but I don't drink coffee >_<).
    I heard good reviews of Hot Bird, I should try it out one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! The avocado drink does not have strong coffee taste. So I think you will find it OK because only very little coffee syrup is added. The rest is very much avocado smoothie taste. I am also curious about Hpt Bird. I'll let you try first LOL!

      Delete