Thursday 8 August 2024

Not Nice


Last evening after Ah Boi had her last meal for the day, I had to lock her up in the cage.


Ah Boi was very obedient and went into the cage rather willingly when I gently ushered her in.


Of course she started whimpering and complaining a bit later. My heart broke a little hearing her cry but I had to tahan and went into the house to start my dinner.


Air fried lamb trimmings and reheated omelette.


And kimchi.


This morning, Ah Boi followed me to the office.


After I dropped her off at the vet's I went to settle my errands.


At Baskin Robbins I caught sight of this Ais Krim Sambal


With Village Park Sambal. This is a bit weird for me, so not going to try this.


I decide to go try the Thai pork leg stew at the foodcourt.


Rice comes separately and my decision to eat rice cost me RM3.00 more >.<


So this was my lunch.


Unfortunately, I have nothing good to say about this pork leg stew. The gravy was too sweet (for me) and as for the overall taste, it did not make an impression on me. The spices were muted and it was just flat.

For RM31.90, I could have had much better food elsewhere. But's it's OK. If I didn't try this, I would not have had a clue.

From this post onward, I won't be inserting kittie updates since they are pretty much grown up (6 months old this coming 22-08-2024). But there will be dedicated posts from time to time so you will still be seeing Poodie, TuTu, Ah Boi, Kittie Kat and Girl.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up about 😺🐈 updates. Wow! They are 6 months already. Well done Grandma for nourishing and taking care of them well. πŸ™ Thanks πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, if you didn't try you won't know that the pork leg stew is flat taste and sweet. Your diy food at home especially the kimchi is sure yums! πŸ˜‹πŸ€€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I should try this dish at other Thai restaurants.

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha, you made a typo and call ah boi both his and her in the 1st paragraph:

    "Last evening after Ah Boi had his last meal for the day, I had to lock her up in the cage."

    Sorry I just saw it so had to say it especially with the πŸ₯Š case but of course this is not a laughing matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! My bad! Thanks for pointing out the typo and I have corrected. Honestly, I still thinks of Ah Boi as a boy LOL!

      Delete
  4. Normally also I don't eat much sambal so I don't think I will try sambal ice cream. I saw a cendol ice with crispy pork lard pieces. I also don't dare to try πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cendol with crispy pork lard pieces sounds even more weird. LOL!

      Delete
  5. Is that a proper (as in intact) minced meat omelette...and not stir-fried meat with eggs, I see peeking in your first photo? Lol! At first, I thought you were referring to your own cooking that was not nice....cannot be what! :D Turns out it was the stewed pork leg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, that is a proper new and improved omelette LOL! Thanks to your tips hee..hee... I meant to post the omelette but I forgot to take a photo. Next time!

      Delete
  6. I saw advertisements (on social medias) of this BR31 ice cream + sambal, which really makes me roll my eyes to the back. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... I tried to imagine the taste. So weird.

      Delete