Tuesday 6 August 2024

Wings

Last week while meronda-ronda at Jaya Grocer, I bought some spices. 


One of which is Jamaican Jerk. This brand, Shaury's is a local brand and they once had a shop at Damansara Utama. When you walk past the shop, you can smell the wonderful aroma of spices.


These days I like to support our local homegrown brands. They are more affordable and just as good as the imported ones.


So I seasoned a bunch of chicken wings with the Jamaican Jerk spice. It was rather aromatic and not too salty.


Then into the air fryer they went.


The spice was all right, but not my favorite. I ate only half of the wings because I also ate some omelette. And then I must confess.


Uh oh! Somebody said she wasn't going to eat cherries. Who, ah? heh..heh... So I gave in to my cherry-lust.


This was purchased from Jaya Grocer at RM44.90 for 600g. I had these cherries after eating my proteins. They were juicy and sourish sweet. I enjoyed the cherries but not as much as I had imagined I would.


And yup, I ate the whole bag while watching Homicide Los Angeles on Netflix.


Any adverse reactions? Yes, the next morning I woke up with back pain. I reckon that was due to inflammation from consuming (too many?) cherries. Haiz! But no worries. I recovered within a day. And I am not buying anymore cherries.

***Kittie Updates***


Ah Boi is mama's girl.


Look at that. 


Poodie was feeling neglected. Ah Ma was too busy to layan her.


So my little Poodie Patootie decided to gatecrash Ah Boi and mama cat's  one on one time.


Kittie Kat noticed her mini me.


But she continued grooming Ah Boi.


Don't worry Dee... Your turn will come soon.


There you go. Your mama loves you too!


You two look so cute together.

10 comments:

  1. Poodie is a carbon copy of her mama 😻ah boi is so sweet that her mama cannot help it but to sayang her. Tutu tutu mana?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TuTu went ronda-ronda in the neighborhood LOL!

      Delete
  2. Ah, today I saw cherries 🍒 and I say pH didn't buy so I also tahan lor. Hahaha now u bought d so I how?

    Yesterday I had a fright. I sat for 3 to 4 hours without moving on my left side and my left foot is swollen like a cartoon balloon 🎈 so fat all my toes look like fat little sausages. I was so frightened because morning time the foot was ok. Luckily after home remedies, I got my normal left foot back. Phew, what a scare. I thought got blood clot in my left foot. It was really like a balloon, fatter than braised pork trotter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... if you have no issues with sugar levels/sensitivities, you can certainly eat cherries.

      Oh dear, that sounds like edema, fluid retention. I hope it was just a one time occurrence. Do be vigilant and if it happens again, you might want to see your doctor.

      Delete
  3. I wish I can buy just the mid-section of the wings too but it's not available in the Aeon near mee...haiz. Wow, you have such adverse reaction to consuming sugar...until you have back pain? If I consume sugary stuff, I don't feel any different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's strange that you can't get mid-wing at the Aeon near you. I guess, I am more sensitive to sugar now since abstaining from most carbs.

      Delete
  4. aha....i can now see the difference between poodie and kittie kat when they are side-by-side....hehehe! Poodie has white nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poodie is better looking than her mama.

      Delete
  5. Your batch of AF chicken mid joint wings looked extremely attractive to me as a chicken wings lover! I would finish those in one go!

    ReplyDelete