Saturday 31 August 2024

Diana's Premium Cakes


My dad's birthday is coming up next week and mum wanted to get him cake. Specifically butter cake which dad loves.

Well, ideally his daughter (hah..hah...) should bake him this cake but unfortunately time does not permit. Yesterday I could not take time off because I had an urgent job that had to be completed before Merdaka Day (today).

So in such situations, you have to outsource hah..hah...


Before I going up to the office, I went to The Starling hoping to buy a butter cake from Diana's Premium Cakes.

Unfortunately, it was too early and the kiosk was not opened yet. I pass by this kiosk many times on my visits to the mall (It's right across from Two Sons Bistro).


So I took the opportunity to snap some photos. 


I returned later and at that time, the sales person was attending to another customer.


While waiting for my turn, I took some more photos.


They have butter cookies.


And tarts too.


The cakes are very nicely packaged. They retail at RM25.00 - RM28.00 (loaf) and at RM100.00 - RM110.00 (whole cakes).

 I bought the Original Butter Cake at RM25.00. 


It is a small cake. The big tankers like me can eat one loaf in a sitting. Of course this is best for sharing lah.


You can read the specifications on the back of the box.


I unwrapped the cake this morning and cut it into slices.

Of course must do a taste test, betul tak?


It's a lovely cake, moist with tender crumb. It was a little bit on the sweet side but not overly so. It was at a level that I can tolerate. In terms of aroma and taste, to be honest, it cannot beat this butter cake, which is pa's favorite (and our family's too). 

But having said that, Diana's Original Butter Cake is among the better commercial butter cakes that I have tasted so far. And no, this is not a paid post (as usual) hah..hah..hah...

Happy Merdeka Day!

6 comments:

  1. Advance happy birthday to uncle (your beloved daddy). May all his wishes come true. The butter cake looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your birthday wish for my dad! The butter cake was good :)

      Delete
  2. Like your dad, I love a simple butter cake too. RM25 for such a small loaf sounds a bit steep, so it has to be made with premium ingredients. But if you can't taste the premium butter and it can't beat your own-made cake, than it's not a premium cake lah...lol. By the way, should the cake texture be so porous on the inside? Of course when it has lots of holes like that, you can be assured it's very fluffy. I agree, your cake looks better with a better browning on top. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I unwrapped the cake, it was so small hah..hah... But the price also covers their packaging (which was nice), marketing, distribution, rental etc. The cake is airy and that's why it's not dense. Maybe it's the beating method that makes it fluffier than other butter cakes. Well, thanks for the compliments hee..hee...

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday in advance to your father 🎈🎉 🎂
    Yin's Sourdough butter cake is very buttery and tasty too. Thanks for the review. Maybe one day I will get to try this Diana's butter cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your birthday wish for my dad! Oh, then I must try the Yin's Sourdough butter cake.

      Delete