Monday 2 September 2024

RIP : TuTu 21-02-2024 to 01-09-2024


It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all that TuTu passed away yesterday evening.

My heart is broken and I cried many times today. I only found out about her passing when I read my neighbor's message early this morning. I missed the call yesterday evening because I was already asleep.


My neighbor and her family found TuTu in the drain and by that time she was already dead. Since they could not get hold of me, they kindly put TuTu in a plastic bag and placed her inside my gate.


I was shocked when I read the message this morning and immediately went outside to find the bag that contained TuTu's remains.

Being the CSI that I am, I removed her from the bag and examined her. She was already in rigor and I could not see any external injuries apart from blood around her nose and mouth.


I believe my poor TuTu was knocked by a car and she must have run/dropped into the drain. What happened was beyond anyone's control and I have to accept the death of my sweet kittie. It was an accident and such incidents are common.


Yesterday afternoon, I washed the litter boxes and TuTu climbed into an empty litter box and relaxed inside. I didn't take any photos because obviously I was too busy. 


The last time I saw TuTu alive was in the afternoon when I gave the kitties their second meal around 4:00pm+. TuTu was making a lot of noise and followed me around (not interested in the food). She does that when she wants attention.

So I picked her up and cuddled her and jokingly asked her (yes, I talk to my cats) if the food was not to her taste hah..hah... Little did I know that I would lose her later that day.

When I put her down on the ground, she went to share a plate with Kittie Kat. I was glad to see her eat. After that, I cleared the plates and went inside to enjoy my Sunday evening.


This photo was taken sometime end of August when TuTu was looking for attention. I had my mask on because I was clearing the litter boxes.


I shall miss TuTu very much and I believe I will continue to shed tears these next few days (or in future when I think of her).


That is the risk of loving someone or something. Inevitably our hearts may be broken. But life goes on and we remember the good times and we heal from the pain of loss.


TuTu will also be missed by her Kat family. In fact this morning when I opened the door, there was no scrambling to get into the house. Instead, all my kitties were in a sober and somber mood.


Goodbye Tu. Ah Ma will continue to love you and keep you in her heart. 

16 comments:

  1. 😭😭😭😭😭😭🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂

    ReplyDelete
  2. May TuTu run free over the 🌈 bridge. 🙏 🙏 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you burying Tutu in your garden? 🙏 🙏 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was buried in my garden yesterday. I am still sad but as you said above, TuTu is running free across the rainbow bridge. I think of it as TuTu moving on to her next life.

      Delete
  4. I was shocked. This is too sudden. Tu is everyone's favourite. May Tutu RIP. I can understand how it feels. Time may not heal cos we are humans and periodically we will think of our love ones and pets. My secondary school friend just lost her pet dog and their family gave her a proper burial. Run free Tu..you are in our fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked too when I got my neighbor's message. Like my heart being stabbed. I hope your friend and her family will feel better in time to come. I am still very sad but think of this happening as TuTu moving on to her next life.

      Delete
  5. I was shocked to read the title this morning. I believed all your readers shared your sorrow. Tu was such a beauty :( . There were 2 stray cats actually came to say goodbye to me when their time was near (they had eye infection that turned bad & infected their face). They couldn't eat & very skinny. I offered them water & they drank. They came every day to my house when they were still able to walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you kind words. Tu will live on in my heart. I believe the strays were grateful to you and hence came to see you again. Animals can appreciate love and kindness.

      Delete
  6. What a shocking tragedy. I am so sorry for your loss. Tutu had a great life under your care and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. It was devastating and until today I am still heartbroken.

      Delete
  7. Oh no, I'm devastated to hear the sad news. I feel your pain...I cried for days when my Cookie died. TuTu was my favourite kitty too. When one decides to let the cats run free, we have to be prepared for the inevitability of something like that happening. It's more dangerous at night...and even more dangerous when the cat is black and still a young kitten (as the cars can't see them and they're oblivious to the danger). It's usual to be heartbroken for days or months to come...even years (when you reflect back) but know that she had a life filled with love (from you) however short. Take the time to grieve...and mend. All my love & hugs going out to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris, thank you. I knew you would understand the pain that I feel. Your Cookie was with you a lot longer (10 years if I am not wrong) than my TuTu was with me (6 months+). I woke up this morning and the first thing that came to my head was TuTu and I felt depressed. I wish I could turn back time and change things but I can't, nobody can. Like you said, I take comfort knowing that I gave her a home, food and lots of love. Tears are welling up in my eyes as I type this. Yes, this sadness will linger for a while and I will take time to grieve.

      Delete
    2. Cookie was with me for 7+ years (so you can imagine the bond)...and yes, the sadness will linger for months but I assure you it will get better with time. I worry for your two other kitties. Sometimes it's better to let them whine (in the cage overnight) than to expose them to imminent danger in the dark. I've come across many kitties in my neighbourhood in the middle of the road where I had to jam the brakes and stop my car coz when something catches their attention (and their playful demeanour), they're laser-focussed on that thing only (especially when stalking/hunting birds) and will be oblivious to any oncoming car...haiz.

      Delete
    3. It's amazing the bond that we can form with our pets. Cookie's time with you 7+ years was very meaningful. My time with TuTu was too short and yet she had a piece of my heart in her paws! Yes, I have to consider locking them up to prevent such untoward incidents. Haiz. They won't be too happy >.<

      Delete
  8. Rip TuTu. She was a gem, and be missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was a precious gem. Thank you!

      Delete