Wednesday 25 September 2024

Lala Chong Seafood Village, Ara Damansara


Last Saturday, my brother took us to Lala Chong Seafood Village.


We were early (as usual) and from start to finish, we were the only diners there. I reckon this restaurant sees more people later in the day especially at dinner.


Since I have never been here before and therefore not familiar with the menu, my brother did the ordering.


While waiting for our food to be served, I spotted this shop nearby.


I walked over and found that they are suppliers of Iberico pork (cooked and raw). You can visit their online shop here : mybarn.com.my.


Ah! Our first dish was this pot of lala soup. I'm sorry I don't have the proper names of the dishes. Although I am not crazy about lala, I found this soup very powerful kapow!

I could taste ginger and the lala made the soup so tasty. There was also a lot of wine in the broth. This got the thumbs up from mum too.


This plate of tiger prawns was superb!


They were very fresh and succulent. These prawns were very tasty and there was more than ample sauce coating these crustaceans and some more to pour on your rice.


For vegetables, we had the paku belacan (one of our favorites at Kar Hiong) and it was well executed. The sambal was delicious and the ferns were young and tender.


This steamed fish with soy sauce was another excellent dish. We were given the option to choose a fresh one from the aquarium or a frozen one, and being practical people (hah..hah...) we chose frozen. 

No regrets as the fish was so good from the freezer or not.


I would not mind coming back here because all of us enjoyed the dishes that we had that day. Besides it's on our way back from the nursing home and parking is easy.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! Good that you found another haunt for your family meal other than Kar Hiong.

    ReplyDelete