Monday 9 September 2024

I Love Salmon!

When I want to eat outside of the carnivore way of eating, I always prioritize meals that have a combination of protein and carbs.

I will avoid foods like char koay teow or fried rice or noodles. These dishes are carb-centric - heavy on carbs with very little protein. As such, I like to choose Japanese or Korean cuisine.


So I revisited Fujisawa Izakaya.


On my left was this couch. It would be nice to sit here with family or friends for drinks and light snacks.


On my right was another table and I was separated from that table by a thin curtain. I was able to listen to the conversation next door.


This time I had the I Love Salmon lunch set. Again, I was served lemon water at room temperature in spite of me informing the server that I wanted it cold.


The I Love Salmon set consist of salmon sashimi, salmon sushi and salmon maki.


I love salmon sashimi. It was very fresh and I can eat many slices of these.


I also enjoy salmon sushi.


I also enjoy salmon maki. In other words, anything salmon, I love. I noticed that the rice was not white like sushi rice but it was brown instead. Is it because they mixed it with soy sauce? Or is there such a thing as brown sushi rice?


The side dishes are the same for all sets.

One piece of fried tofu topped with chili paste.


Salad with a citrus dressing.


Miso soup.

Watermelon slices.

And I added an order of Aburi Hokkaido Maki.


This maki is topped with fish roe, shellfish and cooked salmon slices. 

That was a loaded meal and I was very satiated! But it looks like I may have eaten a lot more carbs than I anticipated. But I did a lot of walking before I came here. That will be in the next post hee..hee...

12 comments:

  1. Very nice meal! I love to eat salmon too 😋 did the rice taste of soy sauce? I don't think it is brown rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not taste soy sauce on the rice. So it is a mystery.

      Delete
  2. i like the thick cut salmon....yummmzzz...Already drooling by just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salmon is my favourite too. It is full of omega 3 and is good for our health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I must eat salmon more often hee..hee..

      Delete
  4. I actually prefer (and like it more) if my salmon is slightly torched like the Aburi Hokkaido Maki you had. Yes, I agree with you that Japanese or Korean will be less carb-centric than any noodle dish (and my preferred choices too). Wow, that's a lot of salmon in one meal...lol! Those 8 pcs would probably be enough to fill me up already. I've not encountered brown-coloured sushi (or brown rice sushi)...it's probably some kind of seasoned rice. If it's soy, were you not able to taste it in the seasoned rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very filling but you know, I have a big tank hee..hee.. When I ate the sushi I could not taste soy sauce, maybe it was too mild. I wanted to ask the staff but did not because they are not proficient in English.

      Delete
  5. Your Salmon set + the Maki, that's quite a lot of food, (⊙Ó©⊙) ! I wanted to suggest you to ask the staff about the "brown" rice, but reading your reply to Kris's comment, hehe.... Perhaps I can help to ask if I have the chance to dine in at Fujisawa. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..when you do dine there, I will be looking out for your review!

      Delete
  6. Hi PH, most likely, the shari (sushi rice) was seasoned with red vinegar instead of the conventional white rice vinegar, hence the difference in color. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see! Yes, that helps solve the mystery LOL! Thank you!

      Delete