Thursday 12 September 2024

Bulgogi Set Lunch

On Merdeka eve, I had an urgent job to attend to. So I thought it wise to settle my lunch first.

So I headed to Seoul Classic, Damansara Uptown hoping to satisfy my love for meat with the All-You-Can-Eat BBQ Buffet.


When I was at the restaurant, I asked the server about the buffet. She was not conversant in English and called another server to attend to me. No. No buffet. Oh? Only dinner time.

I was disappointed because I thought I saw that it was for lunch too. Ah, well. Maybe they didn't have it that day. So I settled for the Bulgogi set lunch.


Another customer came in and also asked about the buffet only to be told that there wasn't any. 


Initially I thought of going somewhere else but I didn't want to waste time.


Whoa! Look at the Bulgogi set meal. I have forgotten how generous the serving sizes here are. The last time I was here was about a year ago. 


The portion of beef was very generous. And there were 9 banchans in addition to a soup.


My favorite peanuts and anchovies (though there were hardly any anchovies) and spinach.


Brinjal and potatoes.


Cucumber kimchi and beansprouts.


Spicy beancurd and kimchi.


The last banchan was a potato salad and the soup tasted like miso soup.

The banchans are refillable and this time the server came around to ask if I wanted refills. I refilled the beancurd and cucumber kimchi. And my last refill was the peanuts.


Well, that was a very good meal that more than made up for my disappointment of not getting the buffet as I intended. 


On my way down, I realized that I had not read the information properly.


Lunch buffet is only on weekends while dinner is applicable for both weekdays and weekends.

Weekend lunch is out for me since I have lunch with my brother and mum Saturdays. It may not be convenient for us to come here due to parking problem. As for dinner, well, I would have to convince my lahling to take me. Maybe on my birthday, eh? hee..hee..

8 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember eating at this eatery and their banchan spread is superb. Thank you for recommending it. Can't believe it was in June last year. Looking back, how time flies. Looking forward, how time crawls. Your beef bulgogi looks tasty and the banchan looks as good as before. 👍 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They maintained their standard and I am glad they are still around!

      Delete
  2. With so much banchan, no need for buffet already (and can save half the price...hehe!). This buffet is ideal for your partner since got rice (lol)...unless he doesn't like Korean lah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My partner is OK with Korean. As long as can kar fan he will be happy. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Korean BBQ buffet certainly suit your current diet as you can eat as much meat as you can. The only downside is you need to grill the meat yourself, which I don't like. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... me too actually. Some places their staff help diners to do the grilling.

      Delete
  4. Wow look at the spread of banchans, they can be quite filling together with the main meal. Now you got your question answered. Bbq buffet only during weekdays evenings. Well, can do some planning if you like the food there. Is your birthday coming soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banchan themselves can fill us up! Yes, my birthday is coming hee..hee...

      Delete