Wednesday 18 September 2024

Seo Gung BBQ Korea, Damansara Utama

One day as I was heading to the overhead bridge to go to Damansara Jaya, I noticed something posted on the walkway.


It was a restaurant menu with a big red arrow pointing to the direction of the eatery. Upon closer scrutiny, I realized that it was this corner shop Korean restaurant.


It is just next to The Good Batch which I am afraid has seen better days. I have passed by Seo Gung BBQ Korea many times but never stepped inside.

In the past, if I am not wrong, they only served BBQ, so as a lone diner it was not suitable for me. And because I saw that they now have a set menu (instead of just BBQ), I decided to give it a go.


The set up is simple, no frills, just like a kopitiam.


Let's look at the menu.


As you can see, the prices are reasonable. And you get complimentary water.


They also have add on deals for beverages and sides.


Sorry the photo is not clear because there was water condensation on the plastic lamination (I took the photo from the menu put up at the walkway).


I am intimidated to order BBQ as a solo diner, so the set menu it was for me.


This is the Jaeyuk Deobap, pork stir fried in spicy gochujang sauce served with rice and three banchans and a bowl of soup. The gochujang stir fried pork was simply divine! I loved it a lot.

There was a lot of sauce with the pork, so I mixed my rice into the dish and made it a very enjoyable experience. So good!


There were three (refillable) banchans which were mashed potatoes (I did not like it because it was sweet), kimchi (very tart and appetizing) and spinach.


I thought the soup was a tomato based soup (because of the red color) and I wondered what is a tomato based soup doing in a Korean restaurant?

It was only when I took my first sip that I realized this was kimchi jigae LOL! There were generous amounts of kimchi and some pork in the soup. Very tasty.


I refilled two banchans - the kimchi and spinach.


Water is on the house and I appreciate that.


After this very delicious and affordable meal (RM24.20), I can say that I will be back.

9 comments:

  1. Very reasonably priced and tasty meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Malay food in my neighbourhood for lunch today. A whole chunk of curry chicken drumstick, begedil and omelette egg, costed S$6.00. It was tasty so I find it worth the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very reasonable price. Sounds tasty too!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Kimchi jigae sounds very appetising. Good of you to try out new shops. 👍 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try them out so that not so boring to eat the same old thing.

      Delete
  4. Been a long time since I last had Korean food, have been eating a lot of Japanese food, Thai food and hotpot during weekends when I am dining out. As for weekdays, I have been eating Chinese chap fan or Malay rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love chap fan and Malay rice, and I still do. I love Japanese as well but hot pot is not quite my thing.

      Delete
  5. It's good that the set lunch is available on weekends also! Perhaps you can bring a long a container to tapao the rice (if there any in your meal) if you do not want to consume so much of it.

    ReplyDelete