Monday 16 September 2024

Dong Po Pork

This was from two Saturdays ago. It was my turn to buy lunch and my brother let me choose the dishes.

Hmmm.... what to eat, eh? So I chose this Braised Dong Po Pork Belly (L). Can't go wrong with oink oinks.


Two huge chunks of pork belly came to the table.


Followed by a plate of mantou. I didn't take any and we did not finish these buns.


Next up was the Kam Hiong Mantis Prawns (M). It was delicious!


For vegetables we had the Garlic Fried Sweet Potato Leaves (L).

And the usual Honey Pepper Abalone Mushrooms (M).


That was another belly bursting Saturday lunch at Kar Hiong which also covered my dinner hah..hah..hah...

10 comments:

  1. Looks good, 4 dishes for 3 pax is like a feast😋

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dong po looked yummy. I like with the mantou too. Nice meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love mantou but now I abstain. If I eat one, it will trigger me to eat many.

      Delete
  3. I will have to eat these 4 tasty dishes with rice. Just make it a cheat day, hehehehe 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... I prefer to eat other things on cheat day.

      Delete
  4. I would definitely enjoy the dong po pork belly with the Mantou and I can eat a lot of them.hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, that's why I didn't take any. LOL!

      Delete
  5. Oh my....look at that jiggly pork belly...lol! Yes, when we have mantou served with dong po yoke, one can pretty much skip the rice. I remember this was a favourite of my late mother-in-law...the jigglier (if there's such a word!) the better...hah..hah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah..hah... my family we love fatty pork belly and as you said, the jigglier the better!

      Delete