Wednesday 4 September 2024

Fujisawa Kyanpu Bar, Damansara Utama


Like I said before, I wanted to investigate the other Fujisawa restaurant - Fujisawa Kyanpu Bar

This Fujisawa Kyanpu Bar is located next to Family Mart, along the same row as Affin Bank (Standard Chartered Bank was at that location previously but has moved to Imazium).


The photo below is to show you the proximity of this outlet to the other one, they are very near each other.


This is how it looks like downstairs.


I haven't even had any sake yet and I was already drunk and went up the wrong entrance (the one on the left instead of right). 

I kept going up and up and I didn't see any restaurant. And the lighting up there was so dim (and eerie). Yeah, I watch too many horror movies. So I quickly came downstairs and went next door.


The entrance has a cute look what with that quaint little canopy.


The decorations upstairs were similar to the other Fujisawa. I could not take pictures of the interior because there were already many customers inside. So I was seated at the bar seating. 

The menu is the same as the one at the other Fujisawa except that the Buta Kimuchi Itama Set (pork) is available woohoo!!


I saw this oyster on the main menu but at RM59.00 per pop, I cannot afford it. 


The wait staff here appear to be more competent compared to the other side. See, when I asked for iced lemon water, I got ice.


This was the set meal that was not available at the other outlet. Am I glad I could get it here. It tasted as good as it looked. 


The stir fried pork with kimchi was super delicious. I was very impressed. The side dishes are standard - tofu, salad, miso soup and watermelon.


The tofu was fried until crispy. You can see the crispy edges in the photo. It was very nice.


The side salad was refreshing. I love the dressing.


I also enjoyed the miso soup.


The watermelon was nice as a palate cleanser.


Even the water tastes better here LOL!


Oh ya, I added an order of Salmon Belly Sashimi. So good! I find this outlet a notch better than the other outlet. Maybe I should not be so biased based on just one visit. I am sure I would return.
From the receipt, I can see that both Fujisawa outlets are under the same management, Seanabby Group Sdn Bhd.

8 comments:

  1. Wah, tasty 🤤😋 kimchi and pork slices sound so tasty. I wonder why this dish is not available at the 1st outlet you went to. I guess you must be deeply engrossed thinking about something until you walked up the wrong staircase. Must be so eerie. 🥶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first outlet is supposed to be pork-free. I wonder why they even bother since they serve alcohol >.<

      Delete
  2. Hope this carb meal gave you some measure of comfort in this time of sorrow. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, carbs always do >.< Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I always love pork slices in Japanese restaurant. They are tasty. I tried pork at Ministry of Food Japanese restaurant before with my buddy and it was good. But I was wondering is this a Japanese restaurant since they serve kimchi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a Japanese restaurant and apparently the Japanese also eat kimchi. They call in kimuchi.

      Delete
  4. Portion looked big for that Kimchi stir fried pork, were those pork belly? Actually there is a Fujisawa at kepong as well, quite a long establishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if those were pork belly. They were on the lean side with some fat. Ah yes, I am aware that they have a branch in Kepong.

      Delete