Monday 23 September 2024

Little Happiness 93, Damansara Utama

On my walks around Damansara Utama/Uptown, I noticed this Taiwanese restaurant.

At the time, I did not realize that they were occupying the shoplot vacated by Mr Wu (which moved to another location in the neighborhood with dire consequences).


I am not exactly a fan of Taiwanese food so I never made any effort to visit. Besides due to my meat-based diet, I was avoiding carbohydrates.

Now that I have achieved better metabolic health, I allow myself some carbs. In fact I am eating carbs more regularly to test how I respond to the increased intake.

Anyway, I am not militant about my way of eating.


So one day at lunch, I found myself at Little Happiness 93.


The items on the menu are pretty much like what you would expect at Taiwanese food outlets like Mr Wu. Oh by the way, another Taiwanese restaurant closed down. What a shame because I liked that one (better).


This is part of the physical menu. Ordering is by way of QR code.

Platinum Rice Bento looked very attractive.


Taiwanese Egg Rice Set.


I ordered from the Platinum Rice Bento menu.


The Fried Pork Chop Bento. I also added braised eggs.


My drink was green tea which was slightly sweetened.


There were loads of rice in the bowl, topped with minced pork. There were also two pieces of beancurd, a few slices of Taiwanese sausage, some fish cake, pickled cabbage and half an egg.


I'm afraid the pork chop was not properly executed. It was tough and soggy at the bottom.


I did not like the pork chop >.< It was a disaster.


I loved the chili bean dip.


The braised eggs were OK.
I don't like to waste food, so although the meal was subpar to me, I finished the whole lot.


While I was having my meal, I saw this Grab rider come pick up the packed food. I remember back in the day, during Mr Wu's time, the table and counter was full of packed food waiting to be picked up.


Well, good luck to Little Happiness 93.

2 comments:

  1. Which means you will not be back for a second visit. Pork are usually tougher than chicken. Same as you, at times even if the food is not up to my expectations I will still finish all the food and not go to waste, at most I do not eat it the second time round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this one will be one of those when you walk past one day you'll find it gone. I think there are one too many Taiwanese restaurants these days all selling basically the same thing.

    ReplyDelete