Thursday 26 September 2024

Birthday Present

This is my birthday month but my birthday isn't here yet (coming soon!). 

But I already bought myself a pre-birthday present. I must pamper myself, if not who will? Hah!


Look at that.


Flinders Natural grass fed ribeye.


Any red blooded steak enthusiast will see that the label is incorrect - it's ribeye and not sirloin.


I sampled one piece. 


This being grass fed, it was on the lean side. Grass fed is supposed to be healthier than grain fed but in my opinion, grain fed beef tastes better (it is fattier). I served this one with some bacon.


I like to cook steak in the air fryer using my corningware. The fats will render into the corningware and after slicing the steak, I put the slices back into the cookware, season with salt and pepper and mix it all up. Of course there isn't much fats coming from the leaner ribeye. So I will add butter.


In this case I added streaky bacon. Nyum! Nyum!

3 comments:

  1. Good morning! Ahhhh, nice September birthday month when the weather is cooling and it's autumn in some countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure when is your exact birthday date, I just send my wishing now, hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration & good health and happiness forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you happy birthday in advance! 🎈🥳 Wah wah, so nice la your steak cos I like lean meat. I agree to treat yourself to some good steaks 👍😊

    ReplyDelete