Thursday 28 September 2023

A Not So Happy Birthday

Well, my family's troubles are not over yet but today let us not talk about sad topics. Sad birthday, maybe hah..hah..

I went to visit my dad on my birthday and dad being in his condition was not aware of the anniversary of the day I came into his life 56 years ago. He looked well although he was clearly lethargic. 

Then I made my way back to the office. But before that, surely I must commemorate my birthday as I had always done these past few years.

So I went to this place for lunch. As with my style, when the food is really bad not up to par, I will not say the name of the restaurant.


I have always remembered this place for their superb coffee.


Not too long ago I walked past and checked the menu.


I always love big breakfast so I chose The Great Angmoh. And of course a Flat White.


Ah! Coffee! What I really needed as a mood booster. But alas the taste was subdued and not as I remembered. Not to say that it was not good, but not as potent as before. The thin biscuit was very sweet. I ate only half.


Then The Great Angmoh was served.


A very full plate of smoked turkey ham, cheese sausage (very strong on Italian herbs), mushrooms (the oil had rancid taste), baked beans, a thick slice of toasted garlic bread, hash brown, grilled tomato and scrambled eggs (it was more like an omelette).

It was an underwhelming experience, to put it mildly. So The Great Angmoh was not so great after all.


That's it. I think this place lost its luster a long time ago and nothing has changed.

Compare and contrast.

If you want a proper big breakfast, you know my go to. The coffee there is now (in my books) the best one in the neighborhood (unless someone points me to another direction).


You get what you pay for and it is worth every cent. 

And there I headed for my early dinner (before my night shift at the hospital).


A real birthday treat!


What's a birthday without cake? And more coffee?


Thank you! And thank you for eating the cake wahahaha!!!

21 comments:

  1. No longevity noodles on your birthday? 56 only? Wowwww!!! So very young!!! I had waffles and cakes yesterday, so so sweet! Forgive me for I have sinned!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belated Happy Birthday greetings to you, God bless always.

      Delete
    2. 56 is young, eh? hee..hee..hee.. Ah, waffles and cakes once in a while is all right.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the birthday greetings!

      Delete
  2. ❤️❤️ Happy Birthday and May all your wishes come true! It was a very precious & good birthday because you could meet your daddy & mummy.

    πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Hope you enjoyed the treat with the right coffee. Looking at the price comparison, I can better understand why they have very loyal customers who don't mind paying extra for top notch quality & services. I have the same thoughts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Time with mummy and daddy is more precious than ever.

      It was a wonderful treat and the coffee was so good. Yes, sometimes we just have to fork out a bit more for quality.

      Delete
  3. Haha, I guessed the right place...not because I recognised the place but because I know you enjoy (at least used to enjoy) the coffees there. Psst....you say you don't mention the name of the restaurant...but you showed photos with their names glaringly...wuahahahaha! P/S: I see your newfound friend gave you a birthday treat (candle and all)...and ate the cake on your behalf...lol! Happy Birthday, my dear (and hope all your wishes & prayers come true)! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I don't mention the name but must leave clues so that you all are properly informed hee..hee...Thank you for your birthday wishes!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to you πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³ though you may say it is a sad birthday πŸŽˆπŸŽ‚ but you made the best of it and celebratedπŸ₯‚πŸ₯³ with a slice of cake though you didn't eat it. Ah, so all of you are taking turns to look after your father in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Great Angmoh looked okay to me, pity it didn't for you. But I am sure you can cook it better at home.

    A Happy Birthday to you!!! No, don't be sad. Everything will turn out happy. My prayers go to you and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked all right but the taste was not great.

      Thank you for the birthday wish and your prayers!

      Delete
  6. I thought I left a comment yesterday but it's not here.
    Anyway, the Great Angmoh is, of course, a lot cheaper than The Kettle's BB, so understandably that the ingredients may not be that premium when compared. You say you will not mention the restaurant's name when the food is not up to par...but it's clearly legible in your photos...lol. I see your new found friend gave you a treat and helped you eat the birthday cake (slice) for you...hah..hah. Happy Birthday, my dear...and may all your wishes and prayers come true! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment went into spam which I can't understand why. This seems to happen quite frequently on blogger >.<

      Delete
  7. Blessed and Healthy more Birthdays to come, PH!! Yes, treat yourself well and be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday PH!
    Many happy returns 🎈🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday PH! When you mentioned about the coffee that you very much enjoyed, I can immediately related to the cafe as you just mentioned about it not long ago in your post, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Choi Yen! Ya...you know that place LOL!

      Delete