Tuesday 5 September 2023

Yesterday and Today

I am gearing up for my first skip day ie my first long(er) fast. I have done skip days before but when it came to my third skip day, I tanked.

That means I was not ready to do the longer fasts more frequently. This Thursday will be my first 42 hour fast for this month's Level 2 fasting program.

So on Wednesday I will eat my last meal (dinner) by 5:00pm, don't eat on Thursday and break my fast at 11:00am on Friday. Of course if I cannot tahan, I will break my fast earlier. I will not torture myself.

Based on my two past experience, the first two skip days (which are 3 days apart) was surprisingly doable. So I do not see why I can't do it this time. I have to make sure I am hydrated (this is a water fast, not a dry fast like Ramadan fast) and take electrolytes (in the form of sodium and potassium).

Yesterday I was craving for roasted duck. So I went to Twins Signature Roast Duck aka Donald's shop hah..hah... The see thau phor (lady boss) whom I have not seen in a while greeted me warmly with a big smile on her face.


She then took my order for the usual kopi C ais kosong. Well, the kopi C did not have enough C and was very kaw on the kopi O. It was all good, no complaints from me.


They were doing brisk business and service was full steam ahead. It took a little while for my roasted duck to be served.


My very hearty lunch! Nyums!

Is this not glorious?


The see thau phor brought me an empty plate but I politely waved her away with a big smile on my face. No need lah. I just eat direct from the serving platter. Not very ladylike I know but the way I eat is definitely not feminine anyway. So.


After lunch I went for my mall walk. One fine day I must visit Nine Dragon Char Chan Teng.


People are willing to queue up for a chance to eat there. 


Meanwhile downstairs, the mall is getting ready for mooncakes.


It will be mooncakes galore at the concourse and I believe they always start these events on Thursday or is it Friday? 


Well, Pho Real (TM's visits for their beef pho were not successful because they were closed then) closed only temporarily as I saw from their notice.


Well today, they are back!


Earlier I was at Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk Noodles for their Supreme Mixed Soup.


Thank God for places like this that serve soup without noodles.


It has been 74 days on meat only (with some small deviations here and there) and I am feeling good. Now let me show you my DIY kopi C.


heh..heh..heh.. I have this on Sundays and it is pretty good. Now I can have my kopi C fix at home woohoo!!

10 comments:

  1. Mooncakes? I just got a box of gelato mooncakes, courtesy of that gelato place in town. They give me every year! So shy lah...because I do not drop by their place anymore ever since they insist on customers scanning their QR code.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I really admire how you could go without real food for 48 hours! I dare not even think I can go without solid food for a day! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had some practice since 2019 but only started longer fasts (32-42 hours) this year.

      Delete
  3. I salute your good determination to achieve the skip days when I should be doing often for health reasons. I believe you have indirectly and slowly motivated me by skipping breakfast or lunch and reduce carbo drastically. I realized all this need one's mind power to achieve these goals. You are a shining example! 🌟 I think I am still greedy like pig.

    I have visited Dragon Char Chan Teng thrice because I love the ambiance and memories of my visits to Hong Kong. Their dishes served tickled me because they are mostly comfort food that we could make at home like boil Nissin noodles and throw eggs & luncheon meat slices.

    Thanks for telling me Pho Real has reopened! What renovations did they do? I will ask them soon. The other night I had to eat at the Vietnamese outlet at Ground Floor. I regretted because I had taste buds issues that night that made everything tasteless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to prove that we don't have to grow old and sick with chronic diseases. Seeing my father's health decline has opened my eyes. I am still greedy like pig but no longer eat ice cream and junk food.

      I hope you get to enjoy Pho Real's Hanoi Beef Pho. It is really good.

      Delete
  4. Can please share the secret recipe of your DIY Kopi C? What brand Kopi and milk do you use? Thanks in advance! 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I use Ah Huat kopi O, the one with no sugar added. For the milk, I use Ideal Evaporated Milk.

      Delete
  5. Most of the HK Cha Chan Teng I tried were just average, have yet find one that serves really good food. Hopefully the food at Nine Dragon can satisfy your tummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have high standards for cha chan teng. Actually I don't know what is cha chan teng and never been to one.

      Delete