Saturday 16 September 2023

Malaysia Day @ Red Kettle, The Starling

Happy Malaysia Day! Well, it is Saturday and a public holiday that falls on a weekend feels meh. 

After visiting my parents (mum has recovered somewhat and has a bit more energy), I went straight back to the office. After clearing some work, I went out to lunch.

Today, I gave myself a treat. I can eat anything I want if I choose to. Carbohydrates are allowed on my plate from time to time (my own rule) but I cannot eat them everyday. There are consequences to my mental health. 

So I went to Red Kettle, The Starling for my big makan.


This place is always bustling and if you come during peak hour, you will have to wait for a table.


So I know when to drop by and had no trouble getting a seat. I didn't have to look at the menu and ordered the Really Big Breakfast and a Flat White straight away.


I have not had the big breakfast in a while and have forgotten how big it was.


Then this big ass plate was plonked right in front of me and I was like wow! So big! hah...hah... I loved everything on my plate especially the French toast ooopsss....heh..heh..heh... The bread was well soaked and had a custardy pillowy texture. 
The only thing I left behind was the grilled corn. 

Then I made my way to the cinema to watch A Haunting In Venice. I think there was a Cosplay convention at the mall because I saw a few anime leng luis in all sorts of getup and colorful hairstyles.


I spotted one here and took a quick shot. If my late grandma had caught sight of these people dressed as anime characters, she would say "tiga suku!". 

No dinner for me tonight because one (big) meal is enough for me.


My auntie sent me pics of her gorgeous flowers which I am sharing with you.

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Happy Malaysia Day! Everyday is like holiday to me now.
    My eyes went big and rolled up, seeing your Big Breakfast. You are so slim and petite but your tangki is big like a 4 tan lorry 🚛. Wakakakaka 😂😂
    I would love to sapu clean that big breakfast plate but my colon would turn into a phyton whole day & suffer.

    Good to hear that your mummy is getting better now. Perhaps she needs to drink Brands Chicken Essence twice a day during this period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My tangki memang very big. I can eat as much as my partner. Long ago we used to eat the the old Esquire Kitchen @ Atria. We order 4 dishes to share and between us we 8 bowls of rice (4 bowls each) and the staff know it and will serve two bowls each when they bring the rice to us.

      Unfortunately mummy had to go to hospital. She does not like chicken essence.

      Delete
  2. Just curious, why didn't you eat that grilled corn? Not fresh? Too dry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, no holiday for my girl. If it had been on a Sunday, Monday would be a holiday! Wasted! That big breakfast platter is gorgeous!!! I would want that too if I could have it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to challenge you if you can sapu finish the whole platter. LOL!

      Delete
  4. We went back home after our lunch because Sam didn't want to go anywehere on Malaysia Day and I was lazy too as the weather was extremely hot on that day, not suitable for outing, except mall hopping which I don't really fancy of nowadays. Hubby & I slept the whole afternoon that day too, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time hearing you say....wow, so big! Nothing is too big for PH...lol! :D Ah, enjoying your BB is a great treat indeed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, it was a nice and very filling treat

      Delete
  6. I would say an endless Wow if that portion is for me! Wish I have a tangki like yours and still petite, as TM said... hahahaha... Good to hear your mum is now back to normal self... I take the Eu Yan Sang chicken essence in packets, I think it really helps for seniors like me... not the bottle ones, the yellow packets, 8 in a box if not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I wish that my mum would take chicken essence but she dislikes it. She is now in hospital.

      Delete