Sunday 10 September 2023

Saturday 2MAD


On Saturday my brother and I went out to lunch again but this time we were joined by our friend. Two's company and three is more fun!


We went to, where else, Red Kettle which is very convenient for us and our friend.


Between the three of us we had five Flat Whites hee...hee....


Our friend had the Double Cheese Pork Burger.


While my brother and I went the carnivore route with the Oyster Blade Steak.


Our meet up lasted three hours, hence the five cups of coffee. After the lunch, we went our separate ways. I went to Daiso and Jaya Grocer. Then it was back to the office to do some work.

Before 5:00pm, I went to eat dinner.


I went to Mr Tuk Tuk because I miss spicy food. 


There were two other tables occupied since it was so early. Obviously the food is not carnivore compliant since they are deep fried/contain sugar but I am not too fussy about these things.


I was craving for coconut water, so I got one. It's funny because when I was down with chicken pox a few years ago, my partner made me drink coconut water everyday. After I recovered, I was so scared of coconut water and the thought of 
coconut water made me sick.


But I now enjoy coconut water which I will only drink once in a while since it contains natural sugars. It was so refreshing.


I had the Thai Almond Chicken and Thai Honey Chicken (Kai Ping).


The almond chicken was good but the Kai Ping had a very strong chicken smell and it was on the dry side. Haiz... Don't think I will be back for a while.

12 comments:

  1. I drink fresh coconut water every day. Lots of health benefits! It does not affect my blood sugar level, glad to say it is under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know. Coconut water has lots of minerals and iron. Will make you strong like a lion! That's what the Harry Belafonte song said hah..hah...

      Delete
  2. Haha! I am sure you guys had fun and could sit for 3 hours! The Red Kettle's flat white is always thick, nice and almost perfect.

    I have not been to Mr Tuk Tuk for a while, probably after eating too frequently until I wanted a change. That was how Very Thai Restaurant came in esp with their RM5 only Tom Yum Soup. So spicy until smoke came out of my ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makan session with you must budget at least 2 hours or else not enough to fit in all the funny stories hah..hah..hah... Quite honestly, my brother and I could have sat there longer and we will end up with 10 cups of coffee!

      I went to Very Thai a second time a few weeks ago but was disappointed. Will blog about it one of these days.

      Delete
  3. Ah, strong chicken taste make me wanna run far far away. One day I shall eat the oyster blade steaks since u ate it a few times d so it means it is tasty. 5 cups of flat whites for 3 hours is reasonable. Must replenish the saliva loss. šŸ˜‚wah, your partner is so nice to buy coconut water daily for you to drink at that time. Glad to hear you are ok to drink coconut water again after that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, you must go and eat the oyster blade steak. The portion is not that big and it is consistently good every time I have it. I like coconut water again but will have it only once in a while.

      Delete
  4. i dislike strong chicken taste. Same goes for pork too. I guess i will give this a skip. I have walked past Mr Tuk Tuk several times in IOI City Mall but yet to find what their specialties, therefore has never try it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the IOI Mall branch is better? They used to be very good but that evening it was not so good.

      Delete
  5. Your coconut water remind me that I have to get two fresh coconut to boil coconut chicken soup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I see you have a new found friend who you can have makan outings with now....hehehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete