Saturday 20 May 2023

Vietnamese For A Day

It may look as if I have abandoned the carnivore diet, but no, I have not. I have been going up and down to the hospital daily and I have to be practical when it comes to food.

Today, I spent about an hour with my dad and I left the hospital with strict orders (from dad) "not to come tomorrow (Sunday)". My dad is being considerate to me and he wants me to take a day off tomorrow. Honestly, I would be happy to go see him even for a short while but I respect his wishes.


Before going up to the office, I stopped at Pho Vietz @ The Starling for lunch.


I was rather thirsty and got me a Lemongrass and Ginger drink. It was very refreshing and not too sweet.


I love sandwiches and this is the Pork Patties Bahn Mi. The bread is toasted till nice and crispy and I love all those pickled veggies. But just this will not fill me up.


That's why I tambah this Flat Rice Roll which is filled with minced pork. It is very nyum nyum good.

I got quite a bit of work done and it was time to eat something before heading home.


It has been ages since I had anything from Pho Real @ A Foodies Nest. This is my favorite Hanoi Pho (Special with all the fixins).


I removed the leaves from this sprig of basil including the flowers.


Pho Real I must say, has been consistently good.


I got some nice chunks of tendon in the soup.


That was a superb bowl of pho!

Tomorrow I dine on meat and more meat hah...hah...hah...


Okie dokie. I am heading home for a shower and a spot of Seinfeld. Oh, but before that, I have to feed the cats. Haiz!

12 comments:

  1. Your father is so very thoughtful and considerate even when he is the one you all are caring for but he cares for you all instead. Praying 🙏 that he is feeling ok and not in pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, my dad is very sweet.

      Delete
  2. Ah, now I am feeling like eating at pho vietz or any tasty beef pho soup after reading your post. So very yummy. Girl, Bella Bella and new little girl will be so happy to see you. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new little girl is always hyper when she sees me LOL!

      Delete
  3. I had their pho and like it very much. Too bad their outlet has closed in my neighborhood few years ago, else i would frequent it often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really maintain their standards, still very good after all these years.

      Delete
  4. Pho Vietz! Bet the pho was awesome but my doctor says I must stay off red meat - forgive me for I have sinned. I went and feasted on a thick slab of lamb. I guess once in a long while wouldn't kill me. I'm not into bahn mi, at the end of the day, it's just a sandwich...but I would love to try those rice rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pho at Pho Vietz is just ok for me. The real deal is at Pho Real. Ah, yes, I read your post where you feasted on the lamb hee..hee... Don't tell your doctor **wink**wink**

      Delete
  5. One banh mi is already too much for me coz the bread is very thick and crusty and tends to fill one up. As for your pho, I didn't know you had to remove the basil leaves from the stalk (I thought you can eat the stem too). Guess what? We just had dinner from a dai chow place and were very surprised to find basil (cooked with eggplant & minced pork) from a Chinese place! Suffice to say, all three of us did not want the basil in our dish and my son picked out every bit of it but unfortunately the basil taste had already been infused into the dish (my husband concurred). Luckily there wasn't much of it, so the taste was still tolerable. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we usually don't eat the stems as they are fibrous. Since all three of you dislike basil, it must have spoiled the dish! Me, I love basil and would have enjoyed the minced pork dish hee..hee.. maybe even will complain not enough basil hah..hah...

      Delete
  6. A Bahn Mi + another dish, this would be my order too if I dine in at Vietnamese restaurant, or maybe the additional dish would be shared with hubby. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two orders were just nice to keep me satiated.

      Delete