Sunday 7 May 2023

Pure South French Lamb Rack

I was at Jaya Grocer the other day looking for beef when I chanced upon Pure South Lamb. I usually buy Pure South lamb from Feast Market

Lamb is so very expensive. But I could not resist.


The "French" is a term used when the excess meat, fat and cartilage is removed from the bones of the lamb rack. It just makes the lamb rack look more presentable.

I also found lamb bones.


That I also sapu.


I cooked the lamb racks in the air fryer at 200C for 6 minutes and a further 2 minutes after flipping the meat.


I served the lamb racks on a bed of salad greens.


Oh my! The lamb racks were simply divine! So tender and full of flavor. There was none of the strong gamey smell.


It I ate this at a restaurant it would cost a lot more. So once in a while when I see this lamb rack, I will buy to enjoy.


Belle Belle was out last night and this afternoon she came home very tired.


In another post, I will show you what I did with the lamb bones.

14 comments:

  1. O God forgive me!!! I'm in love with your lamb!!! Slurpsss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lamb is not cheap. Once in a while, can enjoy loh....lovely lamb and greens you have there. I haven't try cooking lamb in air fryer yet. Must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Must be so tasty your lamb racks. Belle Belle is so cute! She knows that is her area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is very consistent and every night she prefers to stay in.

      Delete
  4. Hope your father is feeling much better today. πŸ™ Please take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is OK for the time being, thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Delicious, thats my favorite any lamb recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last thing you want is a French cut....you'd want all those fats still attached...lol. Aiyo, they "french cut" away one of the bones of your lamb. >.< I can see how spacious your 7.3L airfryer is...can cook 8 lamb racks at one time! P/S: Eh, I thought your airfryer was missing the wire rack but I can see you do have it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyo...lost the fats LOL! Yup, one of them they potong the bone! That wire rack is part of the air fryer basket. No extra racks.

      Delete
  7. That's an expensive meal and I don't think 3 pcs are enough for me, they are rather small piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not enough for me either. The salad helped to fill me up.

      Delete