Tuesday 23 May 2023

A Late (Non-Carnivore) Lunch (Again)

Today my brother sent me and my mum to SJMC for mum's last follow up with the hand surgeon.

All is well and after that we walked over to the South Tower to see dad. Dad is supposed to be discharged today but he had to be given a pint of blood before leaving. There was a delay in the blood transfusion (which takes 5 hours to complete), hence at the time of writing, he is still at the hospital.

I came back to the office while mum stayed with dad. My brother will bring them home once the blood transfusion and administrative matters are settled.


I managed to take a peek at dad's hospital lunch before I left. That is baked fish served with tartar sauce, steamed veggies and fries. The fish smelled very good.

It was just before 2:00pm when I reached Damansara Uptown and I was ravenous. When (very) hungry, my favorite thing to eat is this.


Yup, I ate some carbs today. In fact yesterday, before I made my way to the hospital, I had an almost carnivore meal.


The Oyster Blade Steak which I super love.


While enjoying my steak, the couple seated somewhere in front of me were sharing the Really Big Breakfast (with poached eggs). Their plate of food looked so good and made me crave for the Really Big Breakfast (adoi!).


So that's what I had today but unfortunately I had an aversion for the Hollandaise Sauce.


On the home front, Girl gets along better with the kitten unlike Belle Belle who is very frosty and hostile towards the little one. 


Even so, Girl does get naughty and bullies the kitten sometimes.


I am naming the kitten Kittie Kat. She is a feisty one, climbing the door grille (in an attempt to get into the house) and even trying to climb me hah..hah...


Well, Kittie Kat, welcome to the family.

14 comments:

  1. Your parents are blessed to have you and your brother to take good care of them. Pray that all of you 🙏 are well rested and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We will do whatever we have to do for our parents.

      Delete
  2. Kittie Kat looks so happy to have a good mama and two sisters now and a box to play with big sister Girl is babysitting Kittie Kat for mama PH. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that Girl can be nice to Kittie Kat when she wants to.

      Delete
  3. The baked fish and steamed veggies is a nice, healthy meal for your dad...but the fries? Lol. When you order steak here, do you ask for medium rare or rare? If it's the former, then the standard seems to be for them to cook it a lot rarer than normal.

    Ah, welcome Kittie Kat! You sound like one of those elderly ladies who (when retired) will own a dozen cats...lol...since you're such a softie when it comes to cats and can't turn any of them away. I guess you're a bigger lover of cats than me. That Kittie Kat will soon wiggle her way into your heart...and into your house..haha (and you won't be able to stop her as she'll be more sneaky as she grows older).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...fries is not something I would serve to a patient LOL! The steak is rare by default. They don't ask you how you want it done.

      LOL! Yes, I am becoming one of those, just that I haven't retired yet hah,,,hah....Every morning and evening I have to struggle to catch the little one when she darts into the house. Haiz!

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, a place that doesn't ask you how you want the steak done! >_< A lot of people still can't take their beef medium rare, let alone rare (even I can't take rare!). That'll scare off quite many people.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I agree. I wonder if anyone has sent their plate back.

      Delete
  4. Your dad's hospital lunch looked really good but of course, it could not compare with what you had, you bad bad girl! Your steak looked good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dad's hospital meal so good, it doesn't even look like hospital food. Lol. Your steak was yummy looking.

    Glad your mum and dad are doing alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad's lunch smelled very delicious LOL!

      Thanks, I hope they stay well and healthy.

      Delete
  6. I can foresee your cat family will be grow bigger and bigger in the future, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete