Saturday 6 May 2023

Free Breakfast

Today did not start well. Early in the morning I received a message from my brother that he was taking our dad to the hospital emergency.  My heart sank.

The day before yesterday my mood was uplifted when mum informed me that dad was able to walk and that he was fine. So yesterday, I was somewhat inspired to do a spot of baking.

But before that, I made myself some scrambled eggs for breakfast.


 Simply because I had to take my medications.


My last dose will be tomorrow.


Meanwhile a block of butter was sitting out to soften.



I still know how to bake. Not for myself but for my non-carnivore family members. Yes, I tasted two cookies for quality control. And stopped at that. 


The taste of the cookies did not trigger me to eat more. 


Then I baked a Butter Cake. It has been ages since I baked one.


This morning I sent the cake and cookies to my brother's house (no one was in since they had already left for the hospital).

I went to work with a heavy heart. The original plan was to visit with my parents like what I usually do on Saturdays. And then I got hungry.

At the restaurant, to my surprise I spotted my brother. So I went over to join him. Apparently our parents were back at home and that they were informed by the doctors that no admission was necessary. What a relief.


My brother tried the Really Big Breakfast for the very first time. This breakfast is now served on a huge stoneware plate which I think is much preferable to how it was served previously, on a wooden cutting board.

I had the same.


I also noticed that the price has been increased from RM39+ to RM49+.


The components of the breakfast is pretty much the same as before. Just less potato wedges, addition of a little bit of roasted veggies but more slices of ham.


Now the honey comes in a pack like this.


My brother gladly took my corn, potato and roasted veggies. But I kept the French Toast and toasted bread. So yes, I had some carbs.


At the end of the meal, my brother picked up the tab. So I got me a free meal woohoo!! 

8 comments:

  1. Nothing beats keeping oneself occupied to get one's mind off a lot of things! Good Lord! That Really Big Breakfast is absolutely stunning!!! I would give an arm or a leg for that.
    Thank God your dad did not need to be admitted. May God bless him and all of you, keep everybody strong and see you all through soonest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We need all the divine intervention that we can get. That Really Big Breakfast might not get your doctor's approval LOL!

      Delete
  2. Must be a scare for you when you heard from your brother about sending your father to ER. Must be a relief to know that no admission is required. Please take good care. Food looks good as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The RBB served in a big plate is so much easier to eat.

      Delete
  3. OMG, that Really Big Breakfast has a really Big Price! I think RM49 is just too much to pay for a big breakfast (RM39 was already stretching it). Haha, your brother should know not to venture into your "territory" without checking with the Ambassador of Starling! :D You've not baked cakes and cookies for a while but I see you've not lost your touch (it's like riding a bicycle, isn't it?). Glad all's well with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices at The Red Kettle is on the high side and yet the place is packed to the brim at peak hour. With the price hike, can't go and eat there too often LOL! Thanks, for the moment dad is ok.

      Delete
  4. From 39 to 49, that quite an exaggerated increase of price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, probably they factor in the cost of the plate LOL!

      Delete