Tuesday 16 May 2023

A(nother) Kitty Kat Came Into My Life

I am supposed to be on a blogging break but posting is part of stress relief. Since I have a bit of time, this is a quick update.

My brother and I are both facing many challenges and this is a tough time for us. I will tell the story later when the dust has settled.

So let us talk about something lighthearted for now. A little spark of cheer in a gloomy situation. One fine day I heard little squeals coming from outside.


Can you spot the little squealer?


hee..hee..hee... a little kitty cat!


I took pity on the little kiddo, so I gave her (at the time I had no idea if it was a boy or girl) some food.


I can't say it is cute or pretty. But I don't discriminate. 


She has been hanging out with Girl and Belle Belle. But I noticed the two big girls bully her sometimes, especially Belle Belle who can be aggressive and grumpy.


Auwwww....kesian the little fella. In the beginning she was afraid of me and runs away whenever I come outside. But after a few days of me feeding her, she is more comfortable and allows me to pet her.


Then I had some fun with her.


My attempt to take a wefie ended up like this.


Kena photobomb pretty much like Prince Harry at King Charles' coronation hah..hah..hah...


While I was playing with the kitty cat, girl looked on.


Lately she has been very manja and flops down on the floor when she wants attention.


Well, she is still mommy's number one, cute kitty cat notwithstanding.


When opportunity presents itself, I will take kitty cat to the vet to be neutered and vaccinated. 


She has been trying very hard to come inside the house but no, I will keep her outside. If she stays, she stays, but if she goes and finds a forever home, I will let her go.


With that, I shall disappear again. Until better times, I shall see you again!

22 comments:

  1. Yes, I've been blogging daily so much so that when I am running out of things to blog about, I feel stressed!!! Sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am sure you have plenty to blog about!

      Delete
  2. I thought the little fella is quite cute. Hope the big sisters don't bully him/her.

    Good to find time to de-stress and blog. I will try to do it when I have time now.

    Take care, PH!! God bless you and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah, this little kitty isn't afraid of your two girls. And it's most probably a she because she's tri-coloured. She looks a little too young to be neutered...I think you may have to wait at least 3 months. If you continue to feed her, she's not going anywhere and will latch onto you and try even harder to come into the house (and if you keep your door open she will sneak without you knowing like the ginger stray cat did to me once so I've to make sure I keep my door closed at all times).

    I know the challenges you and brother face as I've witnessed it first hand and experienced it too. Pray for strength to get you through this. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a feisty one! Ah, I forgot about the 3 colored indicator. Her color is similar to Belle's except that she has more black fur. She is very loud and climbs my front grille door in an attempt to come inside! She has been successful in sneaking into the house but so far I catch her on time before she ventures further. The little one is full of energy.

      Thanks, it is prayers that get me through the day. I wake up with a heavy feeling in my heart but life goes on and I have to be strong for my mum.

      Delete
  4. There is leftover cat food & water & that attracts little comot. I sent 2 cats to spay recently. There are a lot of strays in hunger. Stay strong & fighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have a soft spot for any cat that comes my way.

      Delete
  5. If this little kitty stays, then she has made the right choice for a forever home. I will only blog whenever I am feeling up to it. After chemo treatment, I will sleepy and tired at least for a few days and then its time for another chemo. Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep this kitty for as long as she wants to stay but I can't keep her inside.

      I know that you are strong and your faith in the Lord will see you through your chemo sessions.

      Delete
  6. There are 3 cats which always loitering at my apartment's compound and Sam always feeds or plays with them whenever she meets them. But recently, a memo from the management came out stated that cannot feed the stray cats and fine will be imposed for those who doesn't obey instruction. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope one day (or at least once a year) our local city / town council will organise FREE spay / neuter of strays like some cities in the USA.

      Delete
    2. Choi Yen : Ah, that is so sad though I understand why the management did that. Strays that dirty the premises can be a menace.

      Delete
    3. yaucl : Yes, I look forward to that initiative but there does not seem to be anything like that so far.

      Delete
  7. Thank you PH for feeding this poor kitty kat. I jokingly call this colour pattern lat tat meow. Your little kitty is a pretty tortoiseshell cat. I am not skillful enough to know whether girl or boy from that photobomb photo. God bless you for having such a kind heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lat tat meow? hah..hah... I have a very soft spot for kitties. Haiz!

      Delete
  8. I pray 🙏 for strength for your whole family. Emotionally and physically, there are challenges. Please take good care of yourself too. 🙏 🙏 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you again for planning to take kitty cat to the vet to be neutered and vaccinated when the time arrives. God bless you 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to thank me, I do it for the love of cats :)

      Delete
  10. Everything happens in life for a reason. The cat just showed up after getting approval from Ah Boy & Ah Girl. I hope you have decided to adopt it. I will help you to feed this kitty every month!

    Your red hair is so beautiful and stunning even with partial view only. You will make all uncles scream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have adopted the little kitty although I won't allow her to come into the house. Thanks for your offer to help out but I am ok because I feed them el cheapo food LOL!

      Aiyo. Uncles scream in horror hah..hah...

      Delete