Monday 1 May 2023

Lunch At Restoran Windmill, Subang Jaya

Well, when we dine at Restoran Windmill, Subang Jaya, it ain't good news. It means that we are visiting at Subang Jaya Medical Centre (SJMC).

My brother, our mum and I had lunch together today. Dad has been admitted to the hospital again. On a positive note (we must always look on the bright side) he appeared well and was cheerful and talkative.


The restaurant looked pretty much the same as before but the menu has been revamped.


It was an early lunch, we got here around 11:30am.


My mum and my brother had a Mixed Salad each as their starter.


My mum loves salad and guess who did not have any? hah..hah..hah....


Mum's choice for mains was Chicken Maryland. See that? Lots of goreng-goreng stuff including one goreng pisang. There were fries underneath all that. Mum said that the chicken was delicious. She did not finish the fried banana because it was too sweet.


My brother's choice was the best - the Sirloin Steak, done medium rare.


It was quite a thick piece of steak and my brother said it was very good.


See how thick it is and I noted the chef did not sear the sides. I regretted not getting this.


This was my (pathetic) Mixed Grill. There was no beef in the platter, instead there was fish, chicken, lamb and a low quality sausage. My brother did warn me not to expect much. I have had this before and I will say that standards have dropped. It is not entirely bad and neither was it that good.

I also noticed that we were no longer served with a bun and butter. Alamak, forgot to snap photo of the drinks. My mum and my brother had ice lemon tea while I had iced black coffee.

I heard from my brother that their latte is terrible. Yes, I have had terrible latte elsewhere (a restaurant at The Starling) and I will blog about it when the restaurant collapses (I have a death wish for them).


So that was our little get together on Labor Day. We went back to the ward after that where we were joined by my other brother and his daughter. Later my cousin's hubby came to visit and we had a nice chat. Now I am back at the office clearing up some work and updating this blog. Hope you had a nice long weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Chicken looks good and despite what you said, the mixed grill caught my attention. Pray all are well with everybody - and do pray for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have faith in prayer and that is all that I can do!

      Delete
  2. I used to enjoy chicken Maryland but many years ago now try to steer away from too much fried food. Goreng pisang with chicken Maryland, that is unusual. Lol.

    Really thick steak. I only enjoy sirloin steak on special occasion. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time I had Chicken Maryland was at The Ship and they also had fried banana which was quite nice.

      Delete
  3. Hope tht there's nothing serious with your dad's health. My last time went to SJMC was 3 decades ago, when my late grandma was admitted for a few days. The chicken maryland is something i would order, coz it is huge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Chicken Maryland serving is quite generous. My dad will be discharged today, thanks.

      Delete
  4. Praying πŸ™ that all is ok with your father. Him being cheerful is a good sign. Food looks good. I don't think I will ever get to eat at this restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The standards have dropped since the last few times I dined there, so no loss if you don't get to dine there.

      Delete
  5. The steak that your brother said tasted very good doesn't look as if it was good solely based on the picture that you took of the (not seared) sides...the sides looked like it was broiled...hah..hah. I like my steak well seared. Yeah, I've come to accept (and expect) that coffees aren't good at restaurants such as these (especially steakhouses where coffee is not their forte). Coffees are much better at cafes. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought the steak was rather pale on the sides. Me too like my steaks well seared for the flavor. Well, lesson learnt. Must not order coffee at any place other than a cafe!

      Delete
  6. This really tickled my ribs as I only could associate it with SJMC too!! I had to fetch both my late parents for doctor visits and adjourned to Windmills for early dinners!! That was how many hours wasted just for check ups and holes made in wallets. I accidentally went once to dine after both my parents had gone to heavens. I felt so miserable and swore not to visit again. The food is okay but the oily stains on their walls need a fresh coat of paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you too! I agree, hospital visits are time consuming and costly but it can't be helped. The food at Windmill is not that good anymore.

      Delete
  7. Hope your dad is all fine now. Chicken Maryland was the first dish that I tried when I was introduced to Western food. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is all right but not 100% ok, thanks. Chicken Maryland has too many goreng2 stuff for me.

      Delete