Saturday 29 April 2023

Last Night's Dinner

This was the last batch of my beef bones and tendon soup. I dumped all the daun sup that I had left in the fridge into the soup so as not to waste.


I think this soup can be improved. I learnt that I must not boil the spice mix for too long.


Apparently you can also add rempah soup (soup spices) to the soup for added oomph.


Last Sunday evening it rained. So this Girl had no choice but to gwai gwai come home. She looked so bored.


Next thing I know she KO on the sofa. Then it was lights out and we all went to bed.


Next morning she decided to occupy mommy's space.


See, sleep until like that.


Some new developments at The Starling.


Bask Bear Coffee opened at the basement but I have yet to visit.


Yesterday I spotted this choo choo train and noted Very Thai was open.


It is some sort of a Thai BBQ/steamboat place.


They officially open today and I did pass by and saw a few customers inside. Since this place is more suited for more than one diner, I won't be able to visit on my own.


Then I went to Hank's to check if they had my favorite cut of oinks.


Oh yes, they do! I also picked up some soft ribs to make soup. It will be a nice change from beef.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, fully support your action is using up all the daun sup for the broth in order not to waste. Very good👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..it made my soup very strong tasting and I liked it.

      Delete
  2. Fully support putting in all the daun sup into your beef soup. Very good 👍 Girl is sleeping so sweetly on the sofa. Is Belle Belle upstairs in her usual place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Belle Belle is very consistent. She was upstairs.

      Delete
  3. I wish I could go out and buy some beef tendon right now. All that collagen!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the collagen is amazing! Good for our skin, bones and joints.

      Delete
  4. Oh, usually for beef or lamb soup, I boil the rempah first. So, shouldn't cook the rempah for so long is it??? No idea as I seldom cook it.

    Super hot nowadays, I wish to stay indoor more than going out. Lol on Ah Girl. Kids going back to schools tomorrow, so no choice but to brave this hot spell....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched a Youtube video where the kakak said we should not boil the spices too long or it will become bitter. I did not experience that except that the spices were not as fragrant.

      Yes, so so hot! I am sweating all the time!

      Delete
  5. Does Girl snuggle up and sleep next to you when you're sleeping in your sofa? It would be some nice bonding but might scare you if it happens in the middle of the night (surprise!)...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she does that. She climbs on my chest and then stares at me. LOL! It is adorable but disruptive for me. But since she prefers to stay outside, this does not happen all the time. Belle Bella also jumps on the sofa (and did give me a fright once or twice) but she just head bumps me and then she goes off.

      Delete
  6. I wish to have your collagen loaded soup during the recent raining evening~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..hah...I will be buying tendon again to make this soup.

      Delete