Sunday 23 April 2023

My Hari Raya

Yesterday (Saturday) was the first day of Hari Raya and I stayed at home to do something important - prepare and submit my income tax returns hah..hah...

I had to dig out all those receipts to support my claims for personal reliefs. I used to have a system whereby I put those relevant supporting documentation into a separate file for ease of extraction when it was time to prepare tax returns.

Well, somehow I forgot about it and those receipts were tagged with my credit card statements. But at least I remembered what I spent and could retrieve the invoices/receipts for things like purchase of books, internet subscription and purchase of mobile phone.

This year I will be sure to separate out those things so that my income tax filing next year will be easier. My sister-in-law sent me a few text messages asking questions about her tax returns and among the questions were the payment code and instalment number (nombor ansuran).  

Just on case anyone else is wondering, your payment code is 084 and final tax balance payable instalment number is 99. By the way, last day of submission for those of us with non-business income is 15-05-2023.

With my tax returns out of the way, it was time to relax!


This is how to lepak. Total chill out with legs in the air. While waiting for my partner to come home, I did a spot of reading.


I am currently re-reading this book, Ravenous. When I love a book, I read it a second time. Upon second reading, I have a better appreciation because I may have missed certain points on first reading.


These days the weather is terribly hot. Too hot! And the hottest spot in my house is upstairs, my master bedroom. I cannot tahan. So in the interim, I sleep downstairs.


My three seater sofa is very cosy. That's where I sit and watch TV when I am on my own.


Girl will join me when she is in the house.


Then I like to kacau her.


She is very distracting. Or am I distracting?


hee..hee..hee... I love it when she licks my fingers.


This is the two seater, where my partner and I sit when we watch TV together.  


Ah, I got myself this Sterra air purifier last year. It was so worth it because I no longer get bronchitis attack when I spend lots of time downstairs. During a flare up (caused by dust/cat dander) I get wheezing in my lungs and chesty cough with lots of phlegm. Now with the air purifier installed, I no longer experience this. I have another unit in my bedroom.


This is my new toy. Also purchased last year during one of those sales promotion. It is a toaster oven/air fryer. I used this for reheating food and light baking. So that the oven does not get super oily.


Those cookies were in the freezer since I don't know when and apparently they were still edible. 

So that was my Hari Raya, mission accomplished with my tax returns and enjoying reheated frozen (ancient) cookies.

10 comments:

  1. I done my and hubby's income tax filling early this month. I have a folder to keep all those forms and supporting documents. Quite troublesome when filling the form but at least can refer to what was last year....

    Cute colour your toaster oven. I went shopping today, got myself a new toaster oven. Hehe. Elba brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You are his accountant. LOL! Thta is very smart of you to keep the supporting documents in a folder.

      Yes, I like the pink color hee..hee... So you also have a new toy!

      Delete
  2. Together with all these deductibles, parents medical bills can be deducted too which is very good. Frozen cookies sure can keep for a long long time. Guess you don't want to switch on the aircon in your bedroom to sleep, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with aircon, it still feels warm upstairs due to the bricks/concrete releasing heat when the sun goes down.

      Delete
  3. I'm wondering why you need a separate toaster oven (for reheating & baking) when you already have an air fryer that can do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just an excuse LOL! I find that the toaster oven is more suitable for reheating because when I used the other air fryer that I use for cooking, I get the smell from the previous food cooked (because the fats are spattered on the top part of the air fryer),

      Delete
    2. Ah, so there are two key points to note when using an airfryer...1) don't cook food with too much fats/oil that you encourage splattering all over the airfryer and 2) wipe the airfryer down regularly? Lol!

      Delete
    3. Yes, yes, especially point number 2) where I failed big time. LOL!

      Delete
  4. I did my e filling early April and waiting for my tax refund, lalala~~~
    My Raya holiday was quite hectic as we went to Genting for leisure (outdoor theme park), family lunch and Ikea hunting for Sam's new bed. Busier than working days, haiz..... =.="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good lah to do it early. Hope they are efficient in refunding.

      That's why I don't like to go for holiday. I need a holiday to recover from the holiday. LOL!

      Delete