Wednesday 26 April 2023

Suddenly Lala @ Ming Kee Seafood Noodle, Damansara Uptown

Haiz! When someone wrote about clams, she made me crave for clams. And then she had to write about Tasty La La Noodles.

And this happened.

hah..hah..hah...

Well, I found myself at Ming Kee Seafood Noodle.


This place is new, located one shop away from the famous Damansara Uptown Hokkien Mee (opposite Imazium which is annexed to The Starling).


I read about it here and I thought why not check it out.


The menu is simple, pretty much lala noodles in three variation - Hua Diao (Chinese wine), cheese (ughs! not for me!) and tom yum.


Honestly, I cannot imagine cheese in lala noodles. 


Besides noodles, they also serve Kam Heong Tiger Prawns and Kam Heong Lala.


The interior in small, neat and clinical. Ordering is by way of order chits.


On every table, you will find this little tong sampah lined with a small black bag to discard the lala shells.


My order was the Hua Diao Tiger Prawn Lala. I mean, why not add the prawns, eh? I also got me a bottle of Herbal Tea.


Ah! Does this not look beautiful? I took a tentative taste of the broth and yes, I loved it. It was very bold with the robust taste and aroma of the hua diao wine and ginger. I love me lots of ginger in soups.


I am very hopeless in handling prawns in situations like this. How do you do it, ah? 


I removed the prawns to a separate bowl and took care of the lala and noodles first. The noodles that they use here is something like tang hoon but it seems to have a coarser/firmer texture.


Wah, nice lah! You must be careful with the bits of chili padi in the soup. There is also one more thing you must watch out for your safety.


Broken shards of shell - very deadly if you accidentally swallow it. In fact careful as I was, I got one piece stuck in my throat. Luckily I was able to dislodge it after coughing several times. Scary!


I found many broken shells in the soup. So diner beware!


I managed the prawns using my teeth (hah..hah..) and fingers. Quite messy and perhaps next time I forget about the prawns. As you can see, I don't go out of my way to eat lala because at the end of the day, it is mostly shells and so little flesh. 


I think this is enough carbs for the month and well worth it. 


10 comments:

  1. Oooooo...prawns, clams!!! Heaven is a place on earth but unfortunately, I am in hell - not allowed to eat all those owing to my skin affliction. Wouldn't wanna spend the whole night scratching all over. Gee!!! RM21.99 only? That is so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor you! I know a few people who get really itchy when they eat seafood.

      Delete
  2. The price is good. Thanks for the warning about shells and chili padi. Looks very tasty 😋. I am tempted but after thinking about it, the shells are too mafan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clams are not too bad compared to peeling prawns and crabs. The flavorful soup is the main draw for me

      Delete
  3. Sorry that I got you craving for clams...again! :D The soup base of this one looks quite different...not the clear type so must be robust in flavour. For some reason I prefer the longish (local) type la la for Chinese-type noodles and these ones for Japanese & western-style dishes. Wish I could try this but if they only sell la la noodles in soup, there'd be nothing for my family to eat. >.< That's why it's a blessing in disguise I found a good one in my neighbourhood which I can go on my own (and I've been doing that weekly!). Yes, you need hands to peel the prawns but so worth the effort if they're big and fresh like these (ah, you should show us a pic of your shelled prawn to entice us further)...lol. P/S: These clams have a thicker shell than the longish la la, so it isn't as easy to have broken shells (and they should pick them out).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. well, you are the clam expert. I did not even bother to notice the shape, I just eat! Wow, you are a true lala fan going for the lala noodles weekly. Well, enjoy what you love! Ah, I should have taken a photo of the peeled prawns but my fingers were dirty>.<

      Delete
  4. Gosh. The broth must be robust and super good. But no to broken shells!! That could be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the broth and I will come back for it again!

      Delete
  5. I've tried several times the cheese lala meehoon at one of the kopitiam here, I like it! The QQ meehoon is one of the noodles I like, but I think it's more suitable for soupy dish, I always keep some in my pantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really! You must love cheese. For me, I dare not try it.

      Delete