Wednesday 12 April 2023

Hari Raya at The Starling

In less than two weeks we will be celebrating Hari Raya!


As is usual at the mall, a bazaar was set up selling all manner of clothing and festive items.

From the looks of it, this year's theme is East Malaysia.


See how colorful it is!


Very refreshing I would say.


I have never been to East Malaysia.


I had a few friends from Sabah and Sarawak when I was at university. 


My impression of East Malaysians is very positive. 


They are so very warm, friendly and down to earth.


Well, maybe someday I will visit East Malaysia


In fact I haven't even been to the rest of Peninsular Malaysia


I have only been to Terengganu (my hometown), Pahang (just pass by on the way to Terengganu), Penang, Johor, Perak (Teluk Intan (Anson) when I was a little girl) and Melaka.


Sadly I have lost touch with my friends from Sabah and Sarawak


Victoria Station set up a booth at the bazaar. Of course it caught my eye, meat! 


These sure look delicious.


Don't know if I might tapau for dinner. Quite pricey leh.


Well I am looking forward to the Hari Raya break. I have a lot of things to do. I am quite behind in my housekeeping and my garden looks like a jungle!


By the way, my Facebook account was hacked yesterday. Cilaka! I tried to recover the account but was asked to upload my ID and I am reluctant to do so. Not safe lah. So any of you who are my FB friends, please unfriend me or do not respond if you see any suspicious posts or messages from me.

14 comments:

  1. Haven't go and check out the mall's Raya decoration. Been busy since schools started. Kids going to be on school holiday starting soon. Today news on additional holiday by the ministry.

    Lovely decoration. Very kampung feel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids must be very happy to get an additional holiday!

      Delete
  2. Wah, very nice decor. Nicer than midvalley mall and gardens mall. Thanks for sharing the photos with us. Oh dear, how did you discover that your fb account was compromised?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I got a notification from FB that my email and phone number was removed from my account.

      Delete
  3. VERY beautiful!!! Well done! Well, you have ONE Sarawak friend here in Sibu. You can always hop over when things get better. Right now, I am not that fit to usher friends around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, you! I do hope that you will get better and be restored to normal health again.

      Delete
  4. I've been to both Sabah & Sarawak which were with my colleagues and bosses on different company trips (when our company had good business ~>_<~).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been on company trips >.< LOL!

      Delete
  5. Very beautiful and colourful decoration at the mall. I too haven't been to East Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's make two of us. My partner has been and so has my brother.

      Delete
  6. I spotted the Victoria Station banner before scrolling down and realising they set up a booth at Starling. I believe they sell only ready-made food for you to take home to reheat? If what they sell is too pricey, I don't think I'm in favour of eating reheated food. I'd want to eat it freshly made for money well spent. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. I didn't end up buying after all and they have left the mall.

      Delete
  7. Selamat Hari Raya and Happy Holidays to you!

    I am glad I have covered all the 13 states including East Malaysia several times. I really love Kota Kinabalu for its hawker food and spacious environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello TM! I am so happy to see your comment today!

      You are a very adventurous person, so I am not surprised that you have been to all the states in our country.

      Delete