Friday 28 April 2023

Air Fryer Pork Loin Chops

Besides beef, my other favorite protein (and the fat) is pork. I have sort of stopped buying pork from Sanbanto because I found that their pork was getting leaner and leaner.

There is hardly any fat on their pork loin chops (in spite of me requesting for fattier cuts). Either they trim off the fats or their pigs are getting skinnier hah...hah....


So now I get my pork from Hank's of Jaya Grocer. Besides getting fresh pork to cook for dinner (if I don't have any nice beef to cook) on the day itself, I can collect Grab reward points.


This is what I typically buy - shoulder loin chop. I season it just with light soya sauce (and pepper) to keep things simple.


I use a stainless steel tray (that fits my air fryer basket) lined with aluminum foil (for easy cleaning) and top that with a metal rack.


Then I place the marinated pork loin onto the rack. Note that the pork loin is at room temperature.


Then into the air fryer it goes for 8 minutes at 200C.


This is how the meat looks like after that.


It is not fully cooked yet obviously. I turn the pork over.


See that it is still raw? I let it cook for another 5-6 minutes at 200C.


Then I let the meat rest for say, 10 minutes or so before slicing.


It is important not to overcook the meat or else it will become dry and tough. This one was very moist, juicy and tender. 

The salad is the pre-washed salad greens (with ice vegetable) which comes with Kewpie Roasted Sesame Dressing. To my shock, I found the dressing overpowering. I used to love this dressing a lot.


Fortunately I still enjoy the Kewpie Black Vinegar and Onion Dressing and I find that I only need one or two tablespoons of dressing and I am good. In the past, I required lots of dressing.


As you can see, my cooking these days is simple and fuss free and I really like it this way.

8 comments:

  1. For pork I rather overcooked it than undercooked because consume not fully cooked pork is quite dangerous :P But yours definitely looked perfectly cooked, expert level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment hee..hee... It is correct that pork should be cooked through due to risk of parasites and such although there is new thinking that pork can be cooked to medium rare (that is according to American/European standards where their pigs are raised hygienically).

      Delete
  2. Ooooo...I wish I were in KL. I'd ask you to send some over. Looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your pork and vege platter looks so delicious! Soon, you will not need any dressings for the salad. Just drip beef fat over them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am now able to enjoy natural taste of food.

      Delete
  4. The cut of pork you got looked rather fatty in their raw state...but once cooked surprisingly it doesn't look that fatty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because the fat (at the center) rendered leaving only the lean meat. I did pour the melted fat onto the sliced pork subsequently hee..hee..

      Delete