Saturday 27 May 2023

Naughty

 
Today I visited my parents and they are coping well at home. Although dad's medical problem has not been resolved, he is stable and we hope that he stays that way - to be as well as he can be given the circumstances. 

My brother dropped me off at my office later in the morning. Come lunchtime, I went to Pho Vietz. For now, I am taking a break from my all meat diet, simply for practicality and convenience.


I am loving the Lemongrass Chicken Slice Bahn Mi


This Basil Lime Soda is very refreshing and the best part is that they no longer add sugar to the drink. It's a great thirst quencher especially during this current hot hot spell.


As usual, I can't resist the Flat Rice Roll which has become my favorite side dish.

Then it was back to the grind to finish up whatever work I had to catch up on and also some administrative duties (paying bills etc).

A little later, my cousin-in-law dropped by my office to bless me with books he had written and to offer prayers for my dad and me (he just found out that I am Christian).


I don't make a big deal of being Christian and I don't attempt to convert/influence people of other faiths (even the agnostic/non-believers). I respect other faiths and I don't encroach into their personal beliefs.

When I was at university, it annoyed me to no end when overzealous Christians tried to hard sell their faith to the non-Christians or when they tried to make me join their cell group.

How I conduct my relationship with God is very personal and no one is qualified to question my faith except the Lord Himself. 

Ok ok, no more ranting. Time for my early dinner.


This is the second time I am eating the Red Kettle Portuguese Egg Tart.


I ate this a second time not because I thought the first time was great.


I just wanted to confirm what I thought of it because some people sing praises of it. This egg tart tastes more like a cheese tart to me. What I get is a cheese-like taste, no aroma of vanilla and lacking in eggy taste. What I found out is that this egg tart contains only cream and eggs. No cheese. Oh well.


This is my main meal from the Light Bites section.


The Cajun Prawn Mantau is my new favorite. I love the mantau, I love the prawns and I love the accompanying greens/avocado and cocktail sauce. Nyum!!!


These were my dinners the past two days - beef trimmings and burger patty omelette.

14 comments:

  1. The best egg tarts I have tasted were in Macau. I like your Vietnamese food. Being a Christian is a personal relational with our God. We can't force people to be a Christian but we can share and pray for others when they are in need and they are open to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you! If I am approached by a non-believer to share, I would gladly do so.

      Delete
  2. Prawns!!! A lot at the Vietnamese place here...and beef! All taboo for me, so sad. I love Vietnamese so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so sad for you. I hope your allergy issues resolve soon.

      Delete
  3. I would go for the Cajun prawn mantao. Beautiful dish. Me too, really pissed when people oversell religion. Even in church, there is also office politic and different parties. Geez, no peace at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoid fellow Christians who are too extreme. I think in any religion, there are people who are like that.

      Delete
  4. Yes, praying πŸ™ that your father stays stable and is comfortable. I also from this post only know you are a Christian. I know Nancy and STP are christians but didn't know about you. May I know when you accepted christ into your life? Please ignore my question if this is a private matter to you.
    Today I have plans to eat my omad at pho vietz pearl point outlet influenced by you but then last minute I decided to go try out a new eatery first before going to pho vietz another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I accepted Christ a long time ago, exactly when, I can't remember. Hope you eat at Pho Vietz eventually.

      Delete
  5. Ah, I understand about eating some food twice just to confirm the taste because I do that too. I am very interested to know what you think about the egg tarts in oriental kopi as everyone sings praises of their egg tarts. Have you reviewed them before but I missed your review?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oriental Kopi? No, I have not been there yet.

      Delete
  6. Ah, I see you've been having quite a bit of carbo-loaded food. Never mind, it's just for a short while as you just had to make do for convenience and practicality. I love the look of those nicely charred prawns on your mantou.

    I've known you were a Christian for quite a while already (I think from the subtle hints in some of your posts before or you may have mentioned outright before, I can't remember). Your cousin-in-law is doing what most Christians do. They like to preach to non-Christians to try to get them to convert (and I hate that too). These people will come into your faith willingly if they want to, no need to preach to convince them in my opinion. That's why they say Catholics are not doing their job...but we like to let people come freely...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, carbo practically everyday for lunch and dinner on weekends. So far so good, no weight gain hah,,hah,,, Maybe it is because I don't do processed carbs and my other meal is a meaty meal.

      Ah yes, I agree with your stance. No need to do so much promotion hah..hah... I had a Catholic acquaintance who told me to "come back" ie to become Catholic (???!!!). But I told him, I never left (meaning I was never Catholic) and he gave me a printout for the reasons why. Alamak! I just laughed hee,,,hee...

      Delete
  7. I totally understand your temporary break on your diet as sometimes I need to take it easy on my carbo-less diet too on special occasions too such as the availability of food that suit us when we were outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not easy to stick to my way of eating when eating out.

      Delete