Thursday 4 May 2023

Oyster Blade Steak @ The Red Kettle, The Starling


Today is Wesak Day, a public holiday for you but business as usual for me. I have deadlines to meet and besides, due to some personal worries, it is best that I keep busy at the office.

When it was time to eat, I was very very tempted to have The Really Big Breakfast at The Red Kettle. But no, I have already utilized my carb quota for this month. 

On the menu under the Meat section, there is a dish, the Oyster Blade Steak which I saw being promoted during Christmas. At the time, I was somewhat iffy due to bad experience eating steaks at places that are not steak houses. I have learnt not to ever order steaks at restaurants that do not specialize in steaks. Because it is usually a disaster (and hence a waste of money).

But on a visit last month (by which time the Oyster Blade Steak has now become a permanent feature on the menu) I decided to take a risk. As usual, my default order for coffee is the Flat White


And then the steak was served.


Wow, that looks good.


In fact it was gorgeous, cooked medium rare and it was delicious! It was melt-in-your-mouth tender and the sauce was divine. I was pleasantly surprised by how wonderful this steak was.

So today, to cheer myself up, again I went to The Red Kettle for my almost-carnivore lunch.


Somehow, I have to have the Flat White. I simply love it.


Hello beautiful! Alamak that's when I noticed the chip on the plate. Tsk!


Look at that. Oh, there were a few blueberries thrown in too.


I poured over the sauce and dug in! I loved all the veggies too.


Wah! So satisfied!

Then I went for a walk.


A poster caught my eye.


See, if your backside is all flat or saggy, they claim that they can sculpt it until it becomes firm and perky, tertonggek like that. It won't be cheap though hah..hah... 

I can achieve fat reduction and increase in muscle mass by eating the right foods and doing resistance training. So I'll save the money for my next steak and coffee sessions.

8 comments:

  1. Disgraceful! Chipped crockery!!! I hate it whenever I see that - spoils my appetite, my mood. Hey! Wesak Day...and you're feasting on beef? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should stop using chipped crockery and for the prices they charge, I am sure they can afford replacements.

      Delete
  2. Steaks and roasted vegetables is always a good combo to eat. Looking at the photo, the cook on the steak may be a little too rare for me (I dont think it's medium rare, I would call that closer to rare...on both occasions...as the meat wasn't cooked at all on the inside other than achieving a good sear on the outside). But since you enjoy rare meat, then it should not be a problem for you. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, it is rare and not medium rare. I must correct that!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You have tempted me with this steak dish too. Looks so good. I will order it the next time I go to have lunch at Red Kettle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!

      Delete
  4. Like Kris said, it's too rare for me too.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then this dish may not be for you or you could request for medium rare.

      Delete