Sunday 6 November 2022

Opps! I Ate Desserts!

Last Saturday, I finally got to meet up with my brother for lunch.

Our initial lunch date had to be postponed for two weeks because my brother came down with Covid-19. Then I had a herniated disc (still recovering as of time of writing) and we had to again reschedule.

My brother has since recovered and we went to Seppia & Polpo at The Starling. We were pretty early, arriving just shy of 11:00am. After looking at the menu, we settled on two appetizers, one main dish each (no sharing!), two desserts (this we shared) and for drinks - cafe latte for him, Americano for me and a San Pellegrino Sparkling Drink (Limonata) for him.

Let's take a look at our grand lunch.


Our appetizer of Bruschetta Con Funghi (Bruschetta with Mushrooms) was surprisingly simple and yet so good.


The bread was very fresh and the mushrooms were seasoned just right with light shavings of cheese. Luckily there were even number of portions, no need to fight hah...hah...hah...


The Calamari Fritti (Deep Fried Calamari) was as good as we had expected. 


The batter coating the squid rings was light and crispy, mildly seasoned and so good dipped in the truffle oil mayo. 


My brother had the Stinco D'Agnello (Lamb Shank) on my recommendation. He enjoyed the lamb shank and commented that the roasted vegetables were cooked just right. We have had roasted vegetables elsewhere that were under cooked and still had a bite.


This is my Costolette D'Agnello (Rack of Lamb) served with mushroom sauce. My brother remarked that he was expecting a "crown" on the plate.

Ini macam :


Image credit : https://cookidoo.international/recipes/recipe/hu/r609789

Wahahaha!!! That one would cost a bomb lah.


This one already RM80.00. Anyway, it was worth it because the lamb was well executed and seasoned simply with salt and pepper. It is only now that I noticed those pink sprinkles and I have no idea what they were.

The mushroom sauce was very watery and it did not make any impression on me. Quite frankly, the lamb did not need any sauce. 

And now, the best part - desserts!


The Tiramisu was my brother's choice.


This was my pick - Sabriciolata Di Mele (Apple Crumble).


Oh yes, both desserts were divine! Most divine! And yes, I took a break from my carnivore way of eating to enjoy carbohydrates - something that I will do from time to time but not all the time. 


My brother asked me if the mint used to garnished the desserts were meant to be eaten. Well. Can eat lah. In fact mint adds a zing to the flavors of some desserts. 

At the end of the meal, we were both very stuffed. Seppia & Polpo is now one of our favorite restaurants and I hope that this restaurant can retain the good standards that we have now come to expect. 

No doubt it is very pricey, not something we can afford all the time, but it is worth it for special occasions. We will be back!

12 comments:

  1. Both lamb dishes look gorgeous. I have not had lamb for so so long now, no red meat! No dessert either since I am on a low/no sugar diet. My life is so so so sad these days. Sobsssss!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum. All look delicious . Good to catch up with your bro again. Oooh. Dessert. Your favourite, glad to able to indulge in it again. And also carb after all this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee.. maybe once a month is ok. I enjoyed the lunch and my brother's company.

      Delete
  3. My mushrooms always ended up very watery and blackened whenever I cooked them, I wonder what's the technique to cook them so they can have nicer look. ~>_<~
    I always tell people who ask me if the herbs/ingredients on their plate can be eaten, if the chef can put on the plate, it means it is/they are edible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I remember one episode on Master Chef when a contestant put something not edible as decoration and kena sound by the judge.

      Delete
  4. Ahh, I see your 'once in a blue moon' isn't as long (aka far apart) as I thought it'd be....only about a month apart for both your meals...kih..kih....kih. Wah, you went all out to not only have carbs...but sugar too....wuahahahaha! :D It's very easy to succumb to carbs & sugar....lol. Anyway, I'm glad that you enjoyed both your cheat meals. Lamb isn't my thing but the well grilled vegetables I'd like for sure. The food here is quite pricey and the portions are small! >_< But if it's good, then we can look beyond that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Once a month can lah.... The total bill was heart stopping, equal to one Wagyu steak wahahaha... But it was worth it since the food was good and the service was warm and efficient.

      Delete
  5. I must remember this Italian restaurant for its lamb shank and lamb rack. Sounds good so maybe I can buy delivery. Good to hear you enjoyed the desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think their other branch has delivery, hope you can try.

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear that your brother recovered well from cvd. Did he have sore throat at that time?

    ReplyDelete