Wednesday 16 November 2022

Finally I Eat at Kean Seng Kopitiam

At last I found myself at Kean Seng Kopitiam Damansara Uptown. With food and not just with photos of the menu.


I was there for a late lunch past 2:00pm.


I sat at one corner near the door since the more comfy seats were meant for groups of four or more. Although I did spot a smaller table, it was too crowded at that section.


Since I don't eat noodles, I settled for the side dishes instead.


Ordering is easy, by way of an order chit.


heh..heh..heh...


Dua mangkuk mari! Beef Brisket Soup and Beef Tendon Soup.


This is the Beef Brisket Soup. Rather hearty with a good amount of brisket, some tendon and tripe. There were also two chunks of daikon in the soup.


Then, the Beef Tendon Soup


Some of the tendon were still chewy and gummy. But I don't mind.


I found the soup quite pleasant and light with the fragrance of spices, not too strong unlike the one at Shen Niu Beef Noodle House. Of course that one is of a different cooking style. However, I found the soup a bit sweet for my liking. I would prefer a soup that has no sweet taste.


The daikon still had a bite to it and tasted bitter. I would have preferred it cooked till quite soft, but still holding its shape. I have not eaten daikon in a while. In fact I have not eaten vegetables for the past 6 months. Is daikon supposed to taste so bitter, please excuse me because I cannot remember.


The chili dip was very nice, I loved it BUT it was so super PEDAS! After three dips, I cannot tahan. In fact my heart beat accelerated boop! boop! boop! For those of you who love it hot and exciting, then this chili dip is for you.


I bet this beef soup is even better with noodles, right? Ah! We will see. If this happens then you might see me eat beef noodles!

If not, then I will be stuck with this for 30 days. A strict BBBE (Bacon Beef Butter and Eggs) challenge. 

12 comments:

  1. So, you want it to happen or not?? Hang on there, Saturday is coming soon. Haha. I also don't like sweet soup. Good that you finally get to try the food at this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I want it to happen hah...hah..hah... Kita boleh!

      Delete
  2. Oooooo...the beef soup looks gorgeous! I just had it the other day - post in my blog coming soon! I wonder what makes yours sweet - not supposed to be like that. I love the look of the chili dip they gave you and of course, I love the blue & white ceramic bowls, my weakness!!! Not good to take daikon if you're on medication - it detoxifies and will "wash away" all the medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must have added sugar and I wish they didn't. Maybe that is how most like it. Oh ya, I love those bowls too hee...hee...

      Delete
  3. Ah, now I am very tempted to try these two beef dishes. I also don't like the soup on the sweet side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in both the beef soups. I don't like sweet soup and I also don't like chili sauce that is too hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. If the chili sauce is too hot, we can't enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. I like my daikon to be braised till melt-in-your-mouth soft, be it in soup or braise. Some daikon are tend to be bitter, I'm not sure it's because of the original taste of the vegetable itself or the way of cooking, or perhaps the preparing method before cooking? I also want to know the answer. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's just our luck to get daikon that's bitter (unless there's a way to pick out a good daikon which we're not aware of). I've tasted bitterness in them sometimes too when I used them to boil soup. Perhaps, they're like bitter gourd, sometimes you get some that are more bitter than others. P/S: If that chilli dip even PH can't handle, then I'm toast! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see. The one that was served was very bitter. Not nice at all. LOL on the chili dip. If it was not so pedas, it would have been so much better.

      Delete