Tuesday 8 November 2022

Ugly Food

These days my food is not visually appealing. Not that it doesn't taste good, but just doesn't look so good.

I have cut out carbohydrates such as noodles, rice, bread, oats, potatoes and even n0-sugar-added plant-based drinks (like soy milk, multigrain milk) because carbohydrates in whatever shape or form is converted into glucose (sugar) in the digestive system and then released into the blood.

Sugar/glucose not only causes a sugar spike but it also causes inflammation. Of course, I am not preaching for everyone to do what I do. I am just spreading awareness. That is all. To each his/her own. Or in Terengganu speak - ikuk suka mung ah!


One of my current favorite protein/fat source is salmon bones. I love to bake it in the oven until the bones become very crispy and crunchy.


It may not look like there is much meat, but believe me, this is plenty filling. Maybe due to the fatty bits. I could not finish the whole lot and had leftovers.


As you can see, I ate the salmon leftovers the next day with fried eggs topped with bacon and a hefty piece of pork chop. I found the pork chop at Hank's and I could not resist buying it. 


The pork chop was superb! Seasoned only with some light soy sauce and cooked in the air fryer.


Then I saw a brisket slice at Jaya Grocer going at RM19+ for 180g or so. I bought it and cooked it in the air fryer. It was not too bad, a little chewy since this is a tough cut. A ribeye of that size could have cost me upwards of RM40.


Now what is this? That's my favorite Mozza Burger from A&W. Naked. I mean with the buns removed.


I ate the vegetables, sure. The reason that I don't add vegetables to my home cooked meals is just for simplicity. Mozza Burger taste just as good without the bun.


This obviously is my lahling's food. He has not (and will not) go down the same path as me. No issue at all. You cook yours, I cook mine hee..hee..hee...


This photo broke my heart. These two little kitties were left outside a shop in Penang. My lahling's friend posted this on their whatsapp group, asking if anyone wants to adopt them. I hope somebody does. 


The unflavored milk kefir that I love is back in stock at Aeon, so I picked up three bottles. One bottle (330ml) is good for two servings for me.

Now I will show you something colorful and pretty.


Courtesy of my auntie. Aren't they gorgeous?

13 comments:

  1. I'm sure if you put in a bit of effort and do something about the presentation, everything would look much nicer except maybe the salmon bones. i see them looking exactly like that, going round and round on the carousel at the sushi franchise place here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps my plates should be more colorful to complement the food.

      Delete
  2. Doesn't matter how they look, as long as they taste good, it is all that matters. Oooohhhhh, the poor kittens, so very young, still need to be bottle fed. I 🙏 that some good hearted person like you in penang will care for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, my heart really breaks looking at the photo of the two helpless kitties.

      Delete
  3. i like the blooming colorful flowers, yes they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the flowers too, just like from a postcard.

      Delete
  4. As long as they are good, look is not important. Hehe. I never drink milk kefir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really surprised that I enjoy the sour milk kefir.

      Delete
  5. I thought vegetables are a no-no in a carnivore diet since they also contain carbs (but of course much lesser lah than say noodles, rice & bread)? I thought that's the reason why you don't eat them (except for a bit of herbs)...and not because you can't bother with cooking them. Ah, your lahling's ching and healthy bowl of noodles I would gladly eat...hehehe.
    P/S: Oh dear, I think those kitties are only a few days old...but since they're white in colour, they've a higher chance of being adopted I should think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, veggies are a no no for pure carnivores in particular those who have reaction towards veggies. I am OK to eat veggies but don't bother with veggies for the time being to keep things simple. Some of your taste match with my lahling like porridge LOL!

      I do hope some kind soul adopts those kitties. They are quite young, might have to be bottle fed which poses a challenge.

      Delete
  6. I can do without carb but not so sure if I can give up veg and fruits. Your laling food looks delicious. Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really necessary to give up vege and fruits in my opinion. Those who avoid are those who are trying to resolve auto-immune issues.

      Delete
  7. I find it hard to bake the fish bone as the flesh might be burnt before the bones can get crispy, temperature control really need skill. ~>_<~

    ReplyDelete