Monday 7 November 2022

Lousiest Burger I Have Ever Eaten

Last Saturday for dinner, I decided to Grabfood because there wasn't anything in the fridge. I had had lunch with my brother and did not expect to be hungry come dinnertime (apparently I was wrong).

Before I get into my less that stellar burger experience, I terkejut badak when I checked my blog stats on Sunday.


My pageviews on Saturday (05-11-2022) spiked to 7,469. I don't get as many pageviews as I used to, now that I don't post anything exciting anymore - you know, cakes, cookies, curries and that sort of things.

I wonder what caused that spike and the pageviews have since gone down to normal levels. Maybe it was a glitch.


What's even more interesting is Germany is the top location (which I believe where the spike came from) where usually it's Malaysia (obviously).

Anyway, I am not complaining. So let's get back to the burger.

So as I was scrolling through Grabfood, I saw this.



I was not observant enough to notice that this eatery has no ratings (which I later understood why).

Usually the ratings is located right under the name like this :


As you can see, A&W has a rating of 4.1 which is pretty good.

With benefit of hindsight, I should have ordered my favorite Mozza Burger from A&W but instead I ordered from that other place because they were very cheap and had 50% discount (and I wanted to try something new).

This were my orders.


Two Striploin Burgers and one BBQ Wings. Total after discount RM26.65. 


Nothing exciting in terms of looks.


Very plain looking burgers.


This is how I eat burgers these days. Bye bye buns. I removed the contents and scrapped off the caramelized onions.


This is the autopsy report :

1. Burger patties appear to have been pre-cooked since don't-know-when and refried.

2. The burger patties were hard, dry and very gritty and tough to the chew.

3. Taste wise it was bland and not even the caramelized onions could in any way help to mask the charred taste.

4. The BBQ Wings were an abomination. The wings have the taste and texture of leftovers and was coated in a thin diluted sauce. 

I cannot understand how they can sell such sub-standard food. I managed to finished the burger patties but was unable to finish the wings. Regret. Regret. Regret.

They should be banned.

10 comments:

  1. I don't bother about the stats these days, just blog for my own sake and to keep mentally active. Oh dear! What a waste of all those buns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. I discard them since they are carbohydrates and will become sugar in the digestive system.

      Delete
  2. Oops, I wonder whether google will show that this eatery has bad reviews about their food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bad experience for you. Probably business not good and they kept to reheat the excess cooked food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. If they continue like this, sure will close down.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, those burger patties don't even look like patties! >_<
    I don't get as many pageviews as I do previously too (they've been halved) since I reduced my blogging frequency from 3-4 posts per week to only one. So, I guess pageviews obviously have a direct relation to the frequency of posting and the (exciting) topics we post. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that too, when I don't post for a few days, the numbers drop a lot. To write a post, I really need to be in the mood or else I can't do it.

      Delete
  5. The buns that you discarded maybe is the best component of that burger because they looked soft from your photos. LOL

    ReplyDelete