Thursday 3 November 2022

Gorgeous Flowers from New Zealand

It's that time of year again when my auntie shows off her beautiful blooms. Oh yes, roses are a bloomin' down south.


Not just roses but many other varieties of flowers.


Aren't these lovely?


 So pretty!


Ooohhh...so red!


I love this white speckled pink rose.


Love the pastel color of this one.


Such a sweet pink!


A pair of stunners!


Yellow roses are very beautiful too.


This is even more yellow.


More yellow blooms.


I love this color too.


I don't know the name of this one.


Oh! Love these!


Ah! These are really pretty too.


See? My auntie can have freshly cut flowers in her home.


This is the flower of the passion fruit. 


Purple rain flowers.


Sweet, eh?


I love white roses too.


Eh? Tiba-tiba got kunyit (turmeric). My auntie harvested these recently. Adding freshly pounded kunyit to your kunyit dishes give the dish extra oomph.


This color is so soft and soothing.


Another white one.


This bunch is peeking out from the fence. I can't plant any of these in my garden, so I will just have to make do with the photos that my auntie sends me.  

10 comments:

  1. Thank you and your Aunt for these photos of lovely flowers! The colour of the flower that you do not know is so strikingly pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you gone over to visit her? It is such a beautiful country, like Heaven on earth...until you see the prices of everything. Shocking!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's on my wishlist! Well, the prices if converted to RM is of course shocking. But for those working there and earning NZ$, cost of basic groceries is affordable. I bet if they took NZ$50.00 to their supermarkets, they get more bang out of their buck compared to us here. RM50.00 hardly covers much.

      Delete
  3. These beautiful flowers love the weather there. Not easy to plant roses here. The harvest kunyit is still in my fridge. Haven't thought of what I want to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad gave me a rose plant many years ago and sadly (as expected) the poor plant did not survive.

      Delete
  4. Your aunt must have a big, lovely garden. I love looking at blooming flowers. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt is a very dedicated gardener unlike me. My flowering plants always die. LOL!

      Delete
  5. A very delightful post to chase away my Monday blues...... (♥ω♥*)

    ReplyDelete