Thursday 10 November 2022

My Lahling Went On A Date With A Sweet Young Thing

Kurang asam, ye dak? But no parang required kih...kih...kih... And where did they go? Kean Seng Kopitiam Damansara Uptown.

Some more he reported to me and sent me photos. 


He wasn't aware that I had previously surveyed this eatery. So good lah, at least I can show you some food from there.


Lo Han Guo for him and Sour Plum Calamansi for the SYT (sweet young thing).


I almost fengsan when I got this message from him.


He ate beef noodles! My lahling has long avoided beef for religious reasons. Maybe he is inspired by me eating beef and getting mentally and physically healthier. But what would (his) God think?

I really must go to Kean Seng Kopitiam to try the beef noodles sans noodles. He was very positive about the beef.


His SYT had the Soy Sauce Shallot Oil Chee Cheong Fun. A very carb-centric dish.


They didn't quite have enough and ordered a Beef Ball Soup to share.


All in all, very good review from my partner who is usually quite picky. He tells me next time he wants to try the Asam Laksa. Eh, take me there lah yang oi...


I spotted these two kitties on one of my walkabouts outside 99 Speedmart.


An old cat.


And a young one.


The old cat was friendly.


 But this boy-boy ran away when I tried to approach him.


He went to hide under the bushes.

16 comments:

  1. That bowl of beef noodles looks so good, not cheap...but looks really good! I am craving for beef...but no red meat for me, so sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad. I eat beef practically everyday. Let's see what that does to me. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Beef noodles look delicious. I miss beef soup. The one we used to go to is temporary closed now and waiting for it to reopen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This beef soup is quite good except that it tastes sweet to me. I wonder if they add sugar.

      Delete
  3. ooo...eating beef for the first time? aiyo....curi makan beef and with a SYT, so daring! Both cats look 'fierce' like mini 'simba', maybe because they are 'old cats'. I wouldn't dare to approach them coz seeing their tail on straight up (alert mode), like they are gonna attack anyone who approaches them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOL! He later told me if he eats beef once in a while is OK. The younger cat is not friendly.

      Delete
  4. Lol. Your lahling do funny. So how he felt after taking beef?? He only compained on the portion?

    Cute cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He enjoyed the beef and said it was very good hah..hah...

      Delete
  5. If your partner has never eaten beef (for religious reasons), I wonder what made him decide to finally. It looks good but the broth also look very "kaw". That soy sauce shallot oil CCF looks more like a mushroom sauce CCF coz I spotted mushrooms in it? P/S: Those street kitties look so thin...poor things! :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has eaten beef in the past but abstained subsequently. Perhaps he just couldn't resist and I suspect he actually loves beef LOL! Yes, the CCF has mushroom sauce. Those kitties, I wished I could help them.

      Delete
  6. Hahahaha, your partner must be trying to make you jealous. Wah, he broke so many unwritten rules, eat beef against his religious beliefs, share food with a young lady who is not his partner 😤

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would want to try all the beef dishes there too. Looks tasty. I hope the cats have enough to eat. Poor dears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to try and it was good except that the soup taste sweet, like got sugar.

      Delete
  8. Did you ask him why he suddenly eat beef? Hehe :P
    The soup looks dark and robust in flavour, did it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't ask. LOL! I went to try and yes, the flavor was robust but no too strong.

      Delete