Monday 21 November 2022

Beef and Eggs

Sunday I honored my wager to eat bacon, beef, butter and eggs if PH failed in their bid to form a new government.

As at the time of writing, we have a hung parliament. But life goes on. Hungry have to eat, right?


Because I was not able to get nice fresh beef at Aeon that Sunday, I defrosted two packets of frozen beef trimmings.


After adding on my favorite seasonings, the whole lot was air fried.


I also fried some eggs.


This was lunch.


This is dinner.


I was feeling down and I did not enjoy my food. Not because I could not eat curry mee (hah..hah) but because I feel that our country is so hopeless. 


I cannot imagine where we are headed. 


Vote here vote there also, come back to the same path. I have not felt depressed in a long time (well, for the past few months) and to say that I was depressed over our election results (and the nego nego that is going on among the LOSING parties/alliances) is putting it mildly.

So I will just live my life the best I can and I am glad I don't have any children and need not worry about their or their children's future.

10 comments:

  1. Bravo! Bravo! Your fried eggs were beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. That is one reason why I don't have any children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. But many people do not support our choice to be child-free.

      Delete
  3. True, I am a bit disappointed. Still waiting for official news on new government. Your fried egg looked good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I fry eggs very often these days. Hope to get good news today.

      Delete
  4. Keeping smiling, be positive & never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so good at frying eggs now that your 3 eggs look like one egg! :D

    ReplyDelete