Saturday 26 November 2022

Post GE 15 Carb Fest #3 : Big Breakfast Again

I went off to The Red Kettle because I wanted to eat something that was not predominantly carbohydrates but a mix of both carbs and protein.


I was feeling hungry so I dropped by 10:00am. Sharp. Must be super early or else no seats.


It was nice and quiet (initially) with only one other table occupied. Soon many more people arrived.


I had a Flat White instead of my usual Americano. So good! No wonder my brother loves this.


This time I opted for scrambled eggs. The rest of the items were pretty much the same as before.


Love the mushrooms!


The French Toast this time was made using another type of bread. That is the usual bread they use (in the photo on their menu).


I separated the carbs onto a side plate.


I ate the carbs after eating most of the proteins. The grilled corn today was good so I ate it. It was nice to dip the white bread into the creamy scrambled eggs. I loved the French Toast and somehow today it was not sprinkled with cinnamon. I prefer it that way, no cinnamon.


So that there was my very happy meal!

12 comments:

  1. Looks so good! Yet to go back to eating processed meats - Gosh! Miss those so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. processed meats are so tasty. Once in a while is OK.

      Delete
  2. I also like the toast as it is, with no cinnamon. Lovely brunch you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They tend to put too much cinnamon that's why I don't like it.

      Delete
  3. Yes, eat carbs the last! Your big breakfast looks so very tasty! I could eat it anytime of the day but just a mouthful of each item. Yums Yummy! 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to share with many people hah..hah..hah...

      Delete
  4. Yes, I would enjoy that big breakfast. I would take my time to enjoy every bit of it. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I did - eat slow, slow LOL!

      Delete
  5. Is there a reason why you separated out the carbs and ate it last? Or is it just to show you how much carbs you're eating in this meal? Lol. Haha, I don't think this is such a carb-loaded meal since most items on the plate are meat & eggs. Let's see more carbs....wuahahahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is considered quite a lot of carbs for me. Eating the proteins first is to reduce insulin spike. Don't worry, I will up the carbs. LOL!

      Delete
  6. I would enjoy a big breakfast with such portion as many big breakfasts out there are small in portion which cannot give the satisfaction to my tummy. Did you finish the whole platter?

    ReplyDelete