Saturday 12 November 2022

My Recent Meaty Meals

The way to make my meals look beautiful is to use colorful plates. 

I bought the plates at Mr DIY @ The Starling. So now you know my secret, those plates are made of plastic and not ceramic. Cheap and good. I only use them for photography and before I eat, I transfer the food to a proper ceramic plate.


For variety I also eat processed foods like burger patties. Not ideal but it does break the monotony.


I try to buy burger patties that are 100% meat with minimal additives or fillers. 


I also eat bacon and I like to wrap the pork burger patties with bacon.


I have become quite good (if I may say so myself) at frying eggs hee..hee...


To make my meals less boring, I try to have variety, some mix and match of meats and eggs.


I also add seafood from time to time.


Quite honestly, I am not exactly a fan of seafood. These are salmon belly and because they are so fatty, after three pieces, I felt very jelak >.<


I used to prefer chicken over fish but now I am not in favor of chicken. I prefer the taste of beef or lamb or pork. And if I do eat chicken, it would be chicken wings. Even then I have not had a chicken wing craving for a while. Beef is till tops.


Today is another skip day for me. So no eating today and I break my fast tomorrow at lunch. See ya!

10 comments:

  1. Good looking burger patties wrapped with bacon. I like chicken wings too. Used to love meat but eating less meat these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you are still eating meat and that is good.

      Delete
  2. Your pork burger patties with bacon looks very decorated. πŸ‘πŸ˜„No eating is good. Let the stomach have a rest after working so hard for so long. Salmon belly is supposed to be the best, it costs more than lean salmon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly skipping a day of eating was not as difficult as I thought!

      Delete
  3. "The way to make my meals look beautiful is to use colourful plates." ROTFLMAO!!! E'nuf said!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting that you found it funny. Cholesterol deficiency does that to our grey matter.

      Delete
  4. So you find fish fat jelak but not animal fat....lol! For me, fat is fat, be it fish fat or animal fat, both are jelak to me though I may eat a bit of fish fat for its omega-3 benefits. If salmon belly is too fatty for you, you can get their leaner fillets instead. Yes, you've certainly gotten good at frying eggs with the amount of eggs you eat weekly, so you've got a lot of practice...and practice makes perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange, right? Yeah, I ought to buy those salmon fillets and stay away from the NZ Ora Salmon. They are simply too fatty and very costly. Hee..hee.. yes, I am frying a lot of eggs!

      Delete
  5. Your fried eggs are definitely looked good with browned edges. It need more oil when frying to achieve this result right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, need lots of oil for this type of egg frying.

      Delete