Wednesday 14 September 2022

Near To @ Damansara Uptown

I was running office errands yesterday when I spotted this new shop. It's called Near To. Near to what?


I don't know if I mentioned this previously, Chef Omar Nasi Lemak Kukus has shut down.


In its place now is Near To. This must be opening day.


With all the congratulatory bouquets.


Being the kepoh auntie that I am, I walked in. It looks like a grocery store selling snacks and beverages.


Now I notice that the "Near To" refers to "Near to Expiry (NTE)" as suggested by the sign above. Ah so. That is why the goods here are sold at discounted prices.


These are the usual snacky stuff that I used to buy. I don't eat these things anymore but I am sure many people in the Damansara Uptown area and office staff love this sort of thing.


There are snacks from South Korea...


....Japan and China and many more.


Some shelves are still empty and waiting to be stocked.


Apparently they have a Subscription Box plan for the keen snackers. Look, I am not promoting snacking, ok? If you want to snack, please exercise moderation and self-control.

Me? There is no such thing as moderation for me because I am the type who will bedal the whole (or a few) packet of chips or whatever, and that is why I choose to abstain. I won't die if I don't eat snacks. In fact I have lost interest in them. I don't crave for snacks anymore. But that's me. You do you, I do me. It's a free world.


Near To accepts e-wallets which is great. These days I prefer shops that provide such convenience. I wish Near To all the very best! I hope you guys do well. By the way, Near To is along the same row as and is near to OCBC Bank.


This is Girl trying to wear my slippers. 


And Belle Belle enjoying the smell of my sneakers.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting name! I guess it's nearest to the Klinik Kulit!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder where Chef Omar has moved to, let me check the fb to see whether they mention it or not. Oh, found Chef Omar at ATO cafe TTDI so they are still around as expected. Thanks for the photos of the girls. Good to see them relaxing and enjoying your footwear. Ah, near to expiry snack shop. I hope they will open one near my place. If really good price, can buy to snack to binge, hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, still near me LOL! The shop will be online soon, the guy told me.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, snacking topic! Kris just shared a similar topic too and I told her, "Everyday is snacking day!".
    I just bought some "near to" snacks from a online platform which is a surplus and near-expired products retailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It is most people's favorite topic and I used to snack a lot!

      Delete