Saturday 3 September 2022

Poor Doggie

Today I took Belle Belle to the vet. That's where I met a very adorable doggie.


Belle Belle got her ear infected again. Not only that, she has eye infection as well.


So she had to follow mommy to the office while waiting for her appointment.


At the vet's I met this poor thing.


She has only three legs. 


Her right hind legs was gone with a section of exposed bone.


A very kind lady rescued her from a petrol station this very morning and brought her to the vet.


She told me that she already has four dogs at home and is unable to take this one in.


She asked if I was interested. 


Although my heart went out to this adorable doggie (she is very tame and friendly and allowed me to pet her) I told her that I won't be able to cope. I already have two cats and seeing that a dog needs more attention (going for walks etc) I would not be able to commit.


I sure hope that a kind soul would take her in and that she will be settled into a forever home.

8 comments:

  1. A very cute doggie indeed. Hope she got adopted by a kind soul, that willing to give her a home. Hope your Belle is alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she gets adopted too. Belle is alright, thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I feel so sad seeing this. Really hope the vet will help the lady find a fosterer or adopter. I guess you will need to put drops for Belle Belle again for her ears and this time for her eyes as well. Thank you! 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be very diligent in applying ear and eye drops for Belle Belle.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear! How sad, this poor dog! It does look clean and well taken care of though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was very clean and that is why I suspect she once had a home but was thrown away. It really breaks my heart.

      Delete
  4. It's sad to see a dog in that state....but its leg seems to have been surgically removed (as in it looks like a clean cut). If he had been a stray and lost its leg, I don't think it would have survived. That means the dog was most probably abandoned by its owner who couldn't (or didn't want) to take care of a disabled dog. I think it would have been more humane to put it down rather then to put the poor fella to the streets to fend for itself. Some people are heartless! It's already difficult for a stray to get adopted, let alone a disabled one. :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it would be tough getting this poor doggie adopted but I am hopeful that there is someone compassionate enough to give this doggie a second chance at a happy home. I kept thinking about her yesterday evening. So sad :(

      Delete