Saturday 30 March 2024

A Carnivore's Lair : Meat Feds, Taman Paramount

Today saw us abandoning our usual lunch spot at Kar Hiong for Meat Feds, Taman Paramount.

When I read the review on The Yum List, I immediately forwarded the link to my brother. I had been promising him a steak treat for his birthday and I may have found the perfect venue.

So today after our visit to the nursing home, we headed to Taman Paramount, a place we hardly venture out to.


Being eager beavers we arrived early and while my brother went to look for a place to park (parking is notoriously difficult here) mum and I waited at the shop front.


While waiting, I spotted A' Roma Dining straight ahead, the venue of my partner's birthday dinner some two years ago.


My brother parked at Pasaraya Star Grocer which is within walking distance. So if you are hard pressed for parking, instead of wasting your time, just head straight to the supermarket and park there. Walking is good for you!


By the time he walked over, it was time to walk in and make ourselves comfortable.


As I understand, this restaurant is jointly run with a wine bar, Psychotic Operator. Now, I like that name! But alas, I am not a drinker.


So if you are into minum-minum, this place is perfect for you.


The day before and the morning before we got here, I studied the menu. 

The first order of the day was the Ham Sap Siew Yoke (RM33.00) simply because we liked the name hah..hah...


Good Lord! We absolutely loved this rendition of siew yoke. It was irresistibly - fatty.moist.tender. - with skin that was amazingly - crispy.crunchy. We also loved the coating of salted egg sauce.


Look at that. My brother jokingly remarked that they should do like Kar Hiong - have three portion sizes - S, M and L hah..hah...


Now, I didn't come to Meat Feds to eat vegetables. This Hipster Salad (RM17.00) is more for mum's benefit. Mum loves her veggies and I must say that this salad was delicious. Mum loves the dressing and so did we.

Now we get down to proper business.


The 4GYU (500g, RM396.00) as tasting platter of - Black Angus Flank (AF), Wagyu Rump MB 9 (WR), Wagyu Butcher's Cut  MB 9 (BC) and Angus Entrana (AE). All cooked to medium rare naturally.


The platter was served with Smoked Salt (our favorite seasoning), Garlic Pepper Sauce and Brown Sauce. We were recommended to taste in this order - WR, AF, AE and WB (I hope I got the order correctly).


The best way to eat a good steak is clean - no sauce except for good quality salt. What can I say, we are simple peasants (hah..hah..) so all I can comment is that the meat was tender, full of flavor and juicy.


My favorite cut is the Angus Entrana. This platter is a good introduction and next time we can select our favorite cut for our individual portions (250g, taster portion 125g). I can eat 350g-450g easy.


This my friends, is the Caveman Pork (650-700g, RM178.00), a pork tomahawk.


This is indeed a beauty. One bite and I was smitten.


Look. The meat was cooked just right, still lightly pink. It was fatty and moist. No hard burnt or dry parts.


I swear that I alone can polish off this platter of meat. My brother said, next time we order one each. Serious. hah..hah...


The birthday boy gets the bone. The best part, right?



My brother was a happy boy.

When we were done with our mains, we simply had to finish with desserts. Stuffed as we were, there is always (magically) space for desserts.

My brother's choice of Rum and Raisin Ice Cream Pie (RM18.80). I tried a little bit and loved it and so did my brother.


Mum's Cranberry and Whisky Cashew Ice Cream (RM11.90). This I did not taste.


And me I had to have the Combo of Fed's Chocolate Velvet with Rum & Raisin Ice Cream (RM29.00).


The Rum & Raisin Ice Cream was rather enjoyable while the Chocolate Velvet was dense and very chocolaty. Great for serious chocolate lovers (yes, I still love chocolate) and no, it was not very sweet, just barely.

And oh, for drinks, we coffee addicts simply had to have our favorite beverage (even though we were in a wine bar).


Before we were served, we had the opportunity to meet with Chef Yenni Law, who came to say hello. When I told her I am carnivore, she said that so is she.

She only eat meats and some salads and once every two weeks she eats a big plate of nasi lemak. Now, that's an idea I can adopt. LOL! 

We also got to meet Chef Shelly Saw (her protege) at the end of our meal.


We wish Chef Yenni Law and Chef Shelly every success in their business venture as they deserve it judging from the quality and execution of the meats served.

What I like is that the meats are plated with very little garnishing and no sides. We carnivores certainly do not appreciate our plates being messed around with carbs and too many (or some may say, annoying) veggies.

We will return for sure after this experience. Meat lovers, this is a must visit pit stop to fuel your love for meat!
Location and operation hours :


Contact : 60 11 3313 2329

13 comments:

  1. Wow. A lot of meats!! I like the look of the steak and pork. I also smitten by the pork. Drooling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother and I can't get over the pork. We want to eat it again. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I am 😋🤤😋🤤😋🤤 at the food, especially the ice cream and ice cream pie. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... the pork was outstanding. I must return for more and the steaks too.

      Delete
  3. Wow, first time coming across a Malaysian who's adventurous enough to try Carnivore diet. Kudos to you! It's 100% amazing. I've lost 7.8kg just in March alone after starting this diet late Feb. Doing OMAD + Carnivore, currently trying autophagy fasting and I was able to do 72H fasting without actually suffering any more of suffering/cravings. I felt so good throughout the fasting period!!! I realized that my fasting method was wrong previously, that's why it felt like torture to fast lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne! Well, good for you. I am glad you tried this way of eating and have reaped many benefits. There are a number of Malaysians who have adopted the carnivore diet. I am trying to get back into serious fasting. I lost that ability after falling off the wagon >.<

      Delete
  4. 😍😍😍👍👍👍 I must say the 2nd photo of your stunning mum is the most lovely photograph of a candid camera shot I have ever seen in years. I have been made judges for photography and art competitions all my life since US college days , therefore I would know what makes an award winning shot. The way your mum posed in her natural flair of traditional bright attire against the contrasting colour background is so captivating and beautiful. I have downloaded it to remember this unique combination of colours! You should print it out and frame it big as a piece of art! 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say, your focus was on my mum! She will give you a big ang pow after reading your comment. LOL!

      Delete
  5. First and foremost, between the two of you, you guys ate 1.2kg of meat (with your mom only helping a little in the meat dept, I presume)...lol! Bravo and clap, clap, clap (and got 'room' for dessert some more)....but O_o to me (I'm not sure if I can even finish half the beef platter (but that would be what I'd want as it looks tender and perfectly cooked with a good sear)! The (Spanish) pork tomahawk, on the other hand is a bit too fatty for me (75% fatty, 25% lean only) + it looked like it needed a bit more caramelisation (there are photos of it with a much better sear). One each? *pengsan* But can certainly KIV this place if I'm hankering for some steak.

    Food aside, I've read about this chef Yenni Law who used to operate (and own) Meatology in TTDI for many years before finally shutting the door due to the pandemic. Her Meatology had good reviews so I'm sure Meat Feds will be of the same calibre. She's brought some of her old menu over. This new set-up seems not as "atas" (hopefully the prices are too). We all love a comeback story...and wish her well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum ate quite a bit as she loves fatty meat. I have not seen her eat so much meat since she has been indoctrinated by books she read that too much protein is bad. LOL! One of the reasons we loved the pork tomahawk was the fats! Yes, you must visit Meat Feds for excellent steaks.

      I heard about Meatology but by then, sadly they ceased operations. The location and ambiance of the current place is not "atas" although the prices are considered on the steep side but taking into consideration the quality of the meats and the professional execution of the dishes, I would say it is fair.

      Delete
  6. I heard of Chef Yenni Law as well, & she did a good job on the cooking of the meat, very skillful, I must say.

    ReplyDelete